Obsessively cooking but will only eat quick meals

by jameerene616

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★ Apprentice

Had this happen earlier, sim had made 3 different meals on the grill but was very very hungry and kept making more meals without eating them. 
Ito household 

Message 131 of 352 (1,510 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★ Novice

Same problem

Message 132 of 352 (1,495 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Kacela_Ani Same. Mine will have 3 leftover meals in the fridge, but will instead only eat cereal, peas, and animal crackers. Or they will try to cook multiple things, leaving cutting boards and ingredients all over the house. Multiple people on console, PC, modded and un-modded are having this problem, I don't know why they refuse to fix it. It's very annoying, I stopped playing for a month and the problem is still there, I would've thought they fixed it in the most recent update, but nope. I heard MC Command Center has a tuner to turn off autonomously grabbing quick meals and cooking.
Message 133 of 352 (1,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@moisturizedtoes Well, I thought about doing that for a while but didn't until you brought it up. So I tried it out. And it works. I used MCCC command to turn off cooking autonomy to the fridge, stove and grill. Luckily I didn't have to wait long for my sim to get hungry. I did the auto-solve and he is going to grab a piece of cake from the fridge. He won't get it on his own but at least I don't have to fuss with him as much.

Message 134 of 352 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I still have this problem, too. My Sims will cook a meal, ignore it, then either cook another one or go grab a quick meal instead. Sometimes they even interrupt themselves while cooking. Multiple times this (real-life) week, my Sim has started making a meal, stopped to do something like talk to a pet, then left the original meal on the stove and went back to the refrigerator to get different food. I've had it happen in multiple households on the same save file. My mods are all removed, too, in trying to test a different bug...

I also do not have Eco Lifestyle. I've seen a lot of threads saying it caused a bug where sims were obsessed with cooking, but I don't have that pack.

Message 135 of 352 (1,379 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A recently made mod seems to fix it for now. Search "Prefer Leftover random mods sims 4 littlemssam"

Message 136 of 352 (1,336 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in?

English

How often does the bug occur? Often (80% - 99%)

What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party (HOWEVER I just added most of these yesterday in hopes a different expansion might fix it somehow lol - It happened also when I was playing with JUST Get Together and Backyard add ons)

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a hungry sim or visit/invite over sims that are not in your household.

What happens when the bug occurs? Autonomous excessive meal preparation and no attempts to eat cooked food.

What do you expect to see? A sim autonomously takes food it has prepared and eats it, and doesn't proceed to make 5 more meals instead.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? NO

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? IDK Because I just started playing last week

Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't because I just started playing last week.

This has made it SUCH a headache to play! I have 6 people who are always hungry in one household and I keep having to manually tell them to eat the food they just prepared OR manually tell them to eat leftovers. Yesterday I installed Vintage Glamour with the butler and they NEVER eat what the butler prepared. They all have really high cooking levels because of this and I didn't realize it was such a problem until my household increased. YIKES!!! ‌

Message 137 of 352 (1,213 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I currently have a good butler who always provides food for the family. She places it so ingeniously that two dishes block the whole desks for others to cook, but they cook in the bathrooms instead or take some cereals out of the fridge. They never take the food the butler cooked, I always have to make them get it manually. I also had one sim who was constantly cooking food without ever eating and getting more and more hungry. It was interesting that this was only one sim, the others took something from the fridge. I also observe that whenever a sim cooks food as they are hungry, they just leave it on the counter and take something from the fridge instead.

Message 138 of 352 (1,210 Views)

Obsessively cooking but will only eat quick meals

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I am playing the game my sims constantly want to cook meals, but then will never eat them and only eat quick meals. There is nothing that prompts it - it just happens all the time and they do make white cakes more than anything else but it is not just cakes.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims keep making meals and then never eating them and eating quick meals instead.
What do you expect to see? Not obsessively cooking just to eat quick meals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My friend is currently playing on her xbox and is having the same problem occur. She has no expansion packs just the base game and her sims have made 4 meals in a row without prompting and then both go and eat cereal immediately after.

Message 139 of 352 (1,199 Views)

Re: Obsessively cooking but will only eat quick meals

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same issue since the last patch I think. Every sim in my household keeps cooking food, not eating it, and then either making more or getting quick meals. The dining tables are full of food going to waste. Very frustrating!

Message 140 of 352 (1,174 Views)