Re: Sims keep cooking and not eating!

by Ar5ynal

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Takata5 Reset your Sim and the food.
Step 1: Click Ctrl - Shift - C
Step 2: Type in testingcheats on
Step 3: Shift - Click on the Sim and Food and try eating it afterwards.
Message 111 of 352 (1,403 Views)

Hero
@Takata5 I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 352 (1,396 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Smushy19 In my case, at least, that isn't the problem. There's never anything in the way of the food. The sims are literally standing right in front of it and then turn around and cook more food. Restarting the game doesn't work, neither does repairing the game or clearing the cache. Turning off autonomy completely also isn't a great option for households with more than a couple of sims, because it becomes a lot of work to micro-manage them all.
Message 113 of 352 (1,379 Views)

★★ Novice
@Takata5 I am having this same exact problem. I tried downloading an old mod called "Eat Leftovers" to see if that would help, but the mod hasn't been updated in ages, so no, it doesn't work. What a bummer. I hope we get a patch for this soon because my toddlers are doing it, too, and it is very hard to micromanage a big household that will not eat prepared food!
Message 114 of 352 (1,261 Views)

Re: Making meals bug?

★ Guide
@EeveeTinn I had this as well.
Message 115 of 352 (1,220 Views)

Sims Not Eating What They Cook and Leftforevers

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs 1. Seasons 2. Discover University 3. Eco Lifestyle 4. City Living 5. Cats and Dogs 6. Get Famous 7. Get To Work Game Packs 1.Parenthood 2.Vampires 3.Dine Out 4 Spa Day. 5 Jungle Adventure. 6 Outdoor Retreat. 7. Realm Of Magic Stuff Packs: 1.Movie Hangout Stuff 2.Spooky Stuff 3.Vintage Glamor Stuff 4. Kids Room Stuff 5. Moschino Stuff 7. Laundry Day Stuff 8. Tiny Living Stuff 9. Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and watch them not eat what they cook about 90% of the time. Also, watch how they don't eat the leftovers they are leftforevers.
What happens when the bug occurs? They cook a lot of food then it goes to waste and having to force them eat or they go to quick meals after they cooked themselves a meal. Also, they never touch the leftovers.
What do you expect to see? My sims eating left overs and eating the meal they cooked at the dinner table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug breaks the immersion also wasting good food. The Sims 4 Sims feel like a shell of something good but the heart is no longer there. 

Message 116 of 352 (1,217 Views)

Re: Making meals bug?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EeveeTinnThis happens to my Sims every single time. If their hunger need is yellow and they autonomously decided to go to the fridge and make something, instead of eating the thing they just cooked, they will place it on a counter and then go to the fridge and start making something new. Unless I intervene, they don’t eat what they made. Sometimes if I let it go long enough, they will eventually go and pull out old leftovers instead of all the fresh meals they just prepared.

Message 117 of 352 (1,172 Views)

Re: Sims Not Eating What They Cook and Leftforevers

★★★★★ Novice

That last comment, oof very hard facts, and it literally doesn't help when support is telling you to "remove all mods" when people with no CC experiences the same bug issues, maybe rethink and know that this is a bug that overall all sims 4 players have.

Message 118 of 352 (1,160 Views)

Re: Sims Not Eating What They Cook and Leftforevers

★★ Apprentice

Enicsaturn is right. I have never used CC or mods in my game but yet I'm still having this bug and it's driving me crazy. Please fix this. I have given up on playing any of my large households until this is fixed. It's too hard to play when sims do not cook or eat properly!

Message 119 of 352 (1,064 Views)

Re: Constantly Cooking, Don't Eat, Grab Quick Meal, Will Never Opt to Grab lefto

★★★★ Novice

Having this same problem, except my sims will cook meals non stop and occasionally grab quick meals. Never leftovers unless directed. It’s game breaking for me because my sims can’t be trusted to solve their own hunger without sometimes just cooking food on a loop and not even eating it.

Message 120 of 352 (941 Views)