Sims keep cooking and not eating!

by Takata5

Original Post

Re: keep cooking bug

★ Guide

I haven't played since the latest patch (with skin updates). They didn't address this issue and it annoys me to micromanage the food situation. I mean, there are worse things that could happen, but I like using the auto-solve buttons and it's not working for hunger atm.

Message 101 of 352 (2,357 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem. I have no mods/cc installed, never have. I recently cleared cache and repaired game, and have the most recent patches, although I've had this problem from I think two patches ago. This happens in every household in every save file I have. My sims will constantly cook food but never eat. Even if there are leftovers in the fridge (there are always leftovers in the fridge), instead of eating them, the sims will cook something (and then not eat it unless I click on the food they just made and tell them to eat it), or just grab a quick meal and then be hungry again soon after, although I did notice that if there's a meal on the counter and I attempt to auto-solve hunger, the sim will try to eat that instead of cooking. At first I thought it was an issue where sometimes autonomous actions get cancelled out in favor of other autonomous actions and you have to manually tell the sim to go to something so that the action doesn't get overridden, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as telling them to eat doesn't always work and they don't seem to want to eat autonomously anymore either. They will sometimes ignore their hunger bar either until it gets into the red or until I command them to go eat, and when I command them to eat, they'll queue up the cooking action, cook something, and either stand there in front of the food but not eat it, or walk away from the food and do something else, but still complain about hunger.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if it could also be that they sometimes aren't waiting until the hunger bar goes red to autonomously try to eat, but that they tried to eat while the bar was yellow, failed, queued up another action instead of eating, tried to eat again after that action, and got stuck in that loop until the bar went red, and I just didn't notice it until then. In any case, while this is sort of manageable in a household with only one or two sims, several of my households have 4-6 sims, so right now I'm just constantly making sure people aren't dying of hunger all day.

Message 102 of 352 (2,316 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Personally, I just give the sims the "Forever Full" trait as soon as possible, to stop this madness, until this bug is fixed. But the house guests cooking like crazy instead of eating the leftovers are still a problem.

Message 103 of 352 (2,291 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ardnaxela56 It has happened to me several times as well. Sims cook several plates of food but not eating autonomously afterwards.I thought I was a mod issue but apparently not.
Message 104 of 352 (2,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Same here - Its the whole household.  I play on PC, but I didnt have mods until I started to install some to deal with the bugs and quirks. This issue pre-dated that. 

The hungry sim will cook, even though a prepared platter is out, and several items are in the fridge as leftovers. When they are done cooking, they set the meal down on the counter or table, then immediately march back to the fridge to cook something else. They will do quick meals, gourmet meals, regular meals, snacks... they really don't have a preference. Eventually after making several dishes, they will eat one. (edit) Usually, I interrupt their cooking frenzy stow the extra food and direct them to eat leftovers to stop the madness.

I've returned my focus to the kitchen several times and seen bowls of chili, saltimboca, fruit and yogurt parfait, and multiple glasses all over the kitchen and dining area. If you don't catch them in time, they will cook and place food on every surface of the house. Sometimes they are interrupted while preparing and leave the cutting boards on surfaces instead as they return to the fridge to start over. 

For extra fun, have a mature cow plant in the garden...Tongue out

Message 105 of 352 (2,129 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too!! All they do is make food even if they just made something, my sister has also been frustrated since she’s off grid rags to riches and grows her food and she just keeps cooking. 

Message 106 of 352 (2,095 Views)

Re: keep cooking bug

★★★★★ Novice
@IngeJones I'm having the same issue since November after I purchased the Movie stuff pack. First the popcorn popper sound wouldn't shut off. I debug reset, fixed it then the sims started acting crazy with the food. Keep cooking. Won't eat leftovers. Grab quick meals. Cooked food just stays in the fridge.Its so annoying.
Message 107 of 352 (1,959 Views)

Sims keep cooking and not eating!

★★★★ Apprentice

If you have Autonomy on and a sim is hungry they will start cooking and most of the time they won't eat what they just cooked they will just keep on go to the fridge, or grill outside if they have one, put the plate down again and do it again until there are at least a couple of plates of food on the table. What's worse is after all that they just go to the fridge and grab a sandwich or peas or something generic like that and eat that instead! Its like the sim isn't registering that the food is there! Also they will almost never go get leftovers! I do like to keep autonomy on after I've maxed or raised a few of my sims skills and maxed their careers just to watch them do random stuff around the house, but this is a bit much!

Message 108 of 352 (1,957 Views)

Re: Sims keep cooking and not eating!

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! If your sims won't eat the food they cooked, you could try turning off autonomy, or you could try to check to see if something is in the way of them. And, if all goes wrong, you could try restarting the game.

Message 109 of 352 (1,948 Views)

Re: Sims keep cooking and not eating!

★★★★ Apprentice

No, that's the point. Nothing is in the way, they are just making food, putting the plate down, then going back and making more food. They will eat the food if I select it for them. But the AI itself won't eat it. 

Message 110 of 352 (1,935 Views)