Re: Sims not eating meals they prepare

by Lurker0731

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

★ Guide
@darnellcotez2 But all my sims are doing it all the time. The sim who cooks the dish won't eat it they just cook again and finally grab some chips to eat. But another sim in the household will later pick up what was cooked previously and eat it
Message 51 of 352 (2,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know that crinrict asked me for a save ages ago, but I was busy with exams at the time and I had no handy saves on hand so I didn't do it... And now that I'm playing frequently again, I haven't really been seeing it anymore? At first, before the 2nd November patch, I was just kind of mindlessly stopping my sims before they could enter the loop and I could show it off, but now that I've updated to the 2nd November patch that came out today I'm not sure if they've even been trying to do it at all? I'd like to know if everyone still experiencing it is on the latest version of the game now and if the new update randomly fixed it like it might have done for me. Another thing that might have triggered this change is going on camping/using a rental for a while?

Although now that I've said all this it'll probably come back for me, like how it only rains when you forget your umbrella. This is definitely a fickle "only sometimes" bug.

EDIT: Yup it's back.

Message 52 of 352 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have a family of 2 adults and 4 teens. They never choose leftovers. They will always cook a single meal or get a quick meal.  But they never eat it. They either grab the ingredients from the fridge and put it down straight away, and then attempt to cook again instantly; or they cook the meal, put the meal down and then start cooking again instantly. Because they are hungry, and never actually eat the food it's just a vicious cycle.

Packs: All up to Discover University except ROM and a couple of stuff packs

Patch: 1.68.156

Message 53 of 352 (2,149 Views)

makeing to much meals

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the Auto Resolve Eat icon
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim makes about 3 meals, and the last meal made will be eaten.
What do you expect to see? Only to make one meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Two patches ago

Nothing else to say.

Message 54 of 352 (2,123 Views)

Re: makeing to much meals

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Ardnaxela56 I haven't played the game since the 2nd November patch. Will give it a try now and see if there are improvements, thanks!

Update: Have been playing for 24 Sim hours and Sims have chosen leftovers over making new meals, and there has been no compulsive cooking whatsoever. In fact, there has been no cooking at all because there is a fridge full of leftovers :D. This update comes from one of the saves where my Sims wouldn't eat leftovers and would cook, cook, cook. So here's hoping that the 2nd November patch fixed this bug.

Message 55 of 352 (2,106 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Replacing the brand/type of fridge seemed to work for me - for a little while.  I saved my game, and when I returned to this save the same behavior returned.  Sims are cooking, but not eating what they cook.  As I noted, one workaround I found, is to remove the fridge altogether and replace it with a cooler.  The sims will eat quick meals out of a cooler, and they won't starve to death.  A side effect of this workaround, is the sims will keep trash in their inventory - they'll need to be told to throw the trash away and clean up after themselves.

Message 56 of 352 (2,051 Views)

★ Guide

I was hopeful the second patch was a fix but it seems after playing longer, my Sims have slowly reverted back. Disappointed

Message 57 of 352 (2,049 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was still noticing food laying around in the game I was playing, so I did a test game.  New sim, moved into the Cabana in Willow Creek, hands off, full triple speed and watched.  As soon as hunger struck he made mac&cheese, left it on the counter to make a salad, left it on the counter to cook something else which started a fire.  After the fire, he picked up his salad and ate it.  I only have "Get to Work" and "Moschino Stuff" on the base.

Message 58 of 352 (2,010 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PS4 also having this problem, plates and plates and plates of food being grilled or cooked by NPCs.

I'm on vacation with some NPCs and they won't stop cooking. I finally make an 8 person meal and call them to it so they'll actually eat, that seems to alleviate it a bit until they're hungry again.

Message 59 of 352 (2,000 Views)

★ Guide

So I'm testing something else. It seems to be working so far on auto-solve. If you have group meals in the fridge, separate them or cook a bunch of single meals. For some reason, my Sims are picking single leftover meals vs. group meals (SO FAR). I will keep testing. :D 

Message 60 of 352 (1,996 Views)