Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EeveeTinn There used to be a trick to make it bigger but I can't get that to work anymore.

Could you upload to unlisted to youtube or some third party site and put the link here ?

EDIT: I've tested 3 saves now and didn't see any issues on either of them, so guess, time to list packs

Please make sure to include a list of all packs you own (or don't own if that's less)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 352 (2,766 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I can do that yeah, although only in few hours. Don't know your timezone (mine is Copenhagen zone) and will do it after 20h/8pm
Message 42 of 352 (2,762 Views)

Re: Sims not eating meals they prepare

★★ Apprentice

Well, it seems I was wrong.  Everything had been working well with the newer fridge, but after saving my game and reloading the save later, the original Sim's behavior returned. 

I guess that this point, the best I can say is to put one or more coolers in a house, instead of a fridge, and the Sims will live off yogurt, granola, and other quick meals. 

Just be ready for a Sim to sit on a cooler, and if a second Sim wants food, they'll need to wait until the first Sim to walk away.  Also, they'll stash garbage in their inventory, which will need to be emptied every now and again.

Message 43 of 352 (2,721 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I'm getting this too. To the point where I'm strongly considering just selling the grill. It's driving me up a wall seeing this endless needless cooking by sims who are so inept at cooking that they think a spatula is a medical condition. It happens at the stove too but oh do they just love to abuse that grill. Multiple full 8 serving dishes on a table near the grill and they're standing there crying about being hungry. The fridge is already full of leftovers... gah!

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Sims all seeming to have even less attention span than usual, changing their course of action 5-10 seconds after starting/being assigned to a task, but that's probably a separate rant.

Message 44 of 352 (2,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinricthttps://youtu.be/e0__RYkf2hg and https://youtu.be/Ibd1J-qupR8

and https://youtu.be/n8Jo_G3_dig
I own: University, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Backyard and Perfect Patio (and Holiday Celebration). 

Message 45 of 352 (2,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am having these issues as well (excessive food prep and refusal to eat leftovers). I have tried several different saves, made new saves and get the same results. I do not use any mods, have deleted the cache files and repaired my game. These problems happen every time I play, no matter what family, lot or city I am playing in. I own all packs except Spooky stuff and Star Wars.

Message 46 of 352 (2,615 Views)

Re: Sims not eating meals they prepare

★ Guide
@TheSolidRequiem I have the Crisponix Adequate and my sims are all cooking and leaving what they cooked on the counter and going to grab chips or some other quick meal.
Message 47 of 352 (2,562 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Do you have all packs yourself?
Message 48 of 352 (2,566 Views)

Hero
@IngeJones I do. All content there is, including the no longer available family portrait.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 352 (2,561 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Maybe the issue triggered by the quality of the dish? Perhaps the "fresh chef" trait too?

Message 50 of 352 (2,543 Views)