Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

by vladnc

Original Post

Re: Sims, food, and dishes

Hero
@greenean71 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please press me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 352 (2,804 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Same problem here. I had tons of food in the fridge before updating the game. After the update, the sims just prepare more food instead of eating it.

If I force them to eat the leftovers, they do, but they don't do that autonomously.

Side note: I really hate this forum software. Breaking the back button functionality of the browser is not OK. I guess that's one more thing to hate about EA, in addition to the origin client and the origin site.
Message 32 of 352 (2,788 Views)

Hero
@vladnc Still interested in saves on this if you are on PC/Mac

See my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 352 (2,773 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I'll try to reproduce it starting from a clean slate. The save I have might have been affected by mods I used in the past, even though I don't use mods at the moment.

Message 34 of 352 (2,760 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  I have just DM'd you a link to a save file for this issue.  The family is the pre-made Kealoha family in Sulani.  

For clarification, I am only seeing it, so far, when a single sim from the family has been off lot and returns to find a sim grilling.  The sim who has grilled places food on a table and then either goes to get a quick meal, or, queues up cooking again.  I haven't let it go to the point of seeing sims get in a loop for the action.  I simply have queued up "grab a serving" and that's the end of it.

This is a new PC save started after installing SE and is in a never used mod/cc free game.

Message 35 of 352 (2,752 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Thank you. I'll check it out tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 352 (2,738 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict All the save files I make work fine after loading from that save point. The condition does not occur from a saved game. The best way I have found to observe this is to make a new sim (three for three my loner foodies have had the condition the first time they hunger). Start a fresh game, max speed... touch nothing, give no direction, just watch. When they hunger they over cook stuff and then have a quick meal.
Message 37 of 352 (2,719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

(without mods, without club gathering, existing save) Sims are cancelling "get leftovers" to cook instead when hungry (fridge is full of leftovers) 

Message 38 of 352 (2,687 Views)

★ Guide

Oh yes... this has definitely happened to me while a Sim is on vacation at any place with members of other households, even if there is more than one plate laying around with food. 

Message 39 of 352 (2,661 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here is the video of the bug (I also sent a pm with a save file). Don't know if the video will be visible here, as whenever I upload it, no matter what size I choose it is very small.

Message 40 of 352 (2,612 Views)