Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by BitterBubbly

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★ Guide

To those with the cooking bug...heads up that if you throw a party on your home lot, you need to remove the fridge and the stove before the guests arrive - either move it to the family inventory or into a room behind a door that's locked for all sims. Learn from my fail. 

Here's what happened in my game last night:

My sim and his wife to be threw a kegger the night before their wedding. Two full kegs and a fully stocked buffet table, with garnished gourmet dishes of the highest possible quality. (Because who says a kegger can't be classy?)

Anyway...

All 15 guests immediately crowded into the kitchen as soon as they arrived, a huge cluster of sims all trying to get to the fridge and the stove so they could cook, cook, and cook some more, and the keg party was nothing but a 6 (in-game) hour cooking extravaganza while the kegs and buffet table remained completely untouched. I lost count of how many meals were cooked, and not a one of them was eaten.

Here's the thing, though...

I maxed motives for every sim on the lot so that no one was hungry, but that still didn't stop them from cooking. When it comes to parties, it isn't even hunger that triggers the endless cooking. It was the party itself that triggered it. The SECOND the party timer started, every sim on the lot (including my active sims) got the "cook" action in their queues.

I kept canceling the action from my sims' queues, but it kept immediately coming back over and over again no matter how many times I canceled it. There was unfortunately nothing I could do to stop the NPC guests from cooking, so the whole thing was a mess. When I realized there was no stopping it, even for my active sims, I gave up, let my sims join in on the cooking kegger madness, and watched the horror unfold.

Looking back on it, I should have just ended the event immediately (or popped into build mode to remove the fridge and the stove) and spared myself the headache so the keg party could be something OTHER than cooking. 

So...it seems keg parties are for cooking now, too, and ONLY cooking. (Funny story...you know how you still get the pop up message and the passive aggressive charisma book after parties you specifically set to NOT be goaled events? Didn't happen this time, so it seems cooking really WAS the goal of the keg party.) 

This is the only party I've thrown in the game since the cooking bug began last November, so I can't say if it applies to ALL parties, but keg parties immediately trigger the "cook" action now, for every sim on the lot, regardless of hunger levels, and they will cook repeatedly on a loop, one meal after the next, until the party ends.

Having a fridge or a stove on the lot during a party is a no go, folks. 

When the madness was finally over and my poor sims had finished cleaning up the train wreck their bachelor/bachelorette...cooking party...ended up being, I used MC Tuner to run an autonomy scan on the fridge and stove because I had specifically disabled autonomous cooking a while back so I could have my game back again, and I was utterly perplexed as to why this had happened.  

Heads up to MC Tuner users...I found duplicate entries for autonomous cooking on the fridge AND the stove that were all enabled, so everything I'd previously disabled had somehow been overridden by duplicate entries and enabled again. Additional autonomous cooking actions appear to have been added since I last disabled them. The ones I'd previously disabled were still disabled, but there were new ones there that were enabled, one newly added enabled "cook" action for every one I'd previously disabled.

No clue how that happened or when they got added, but...they did. Not sure if the override came from an EA patch or if it's a problem with MC itself (and yes, both my game and the mod are up to date...and yes, the cooking bug itself is absolutely an EA thing and NOT mod related). I haven't investigated the duplicated action issue enough to say one way or the other. All I know for sure is that I found duplicate entries where autonomous cooking had been added and enabled again for every action I'd previously disabled.

If there's something in the game's code that's causing autonomous cooking actions to be duplicated (possibly repeatedly), maybe that's the root cause of the cooking bug? Just a thought...

I went through and disabled all of the new duplicate entries for autonomous cooking, and the next morning, my sims got autonomously got leftovers from the fridge when they woke up hungry instead of cooking 20 consecutive breakfasts! Hooray! (Now to see if the autonomous cooking actions get mysteriously duplicated and enabled again.)

So...heads up about that, simmers. If you've disabled autonomous cooking with MC Tuner and the cooking madness starts again, run another autonomy scan and check for dupes just in case whatever happened in my game happened in yours, too.

As always, happy cooking! Oh wait....happy simming. I meant happy simming. Wink 

Message 241 of 352 (1,222 Views)

My Sim won't eat their food immediately after cooking it

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let the game run with Autonomy turned on, and when they get hungry, let them cook something
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will proceed to cook something, but then they go back and grab something else to cook afterward OR: My sim will run off to do something else to occupy their time with while they're slowly starving to death
What do you expect to see? I expect all my Sims to eat what they had just cooked, regardless of whether free will is turned on or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Why does my sim keep running off somewhere when they have a plate full of food that they just finished cooking?

2021-03-23.png

Message 242 of 352 (1,230 Views)

Re: My Sim won't eat their food immediately after cooking it

★★★★★ Novice

why is this bug still not solved? it has been MONTHS and sims still ignore leftovers and continue to cook forever. i was hoping that today's update is gonna solve it but no, nothing changed!!

does EA expect mod creators to fix the bugs or what

Message 243 of 352 (1,202 Views)

Re: My Sim won't eat their food immediately after cooking it

★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm really disappointed it wasn't addressed in the patch today 

Message 244 of 352 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This happens most of the time for me. Almost every time my sim autonomously cooks something. My vegetarian sim even made a microwave dinner quick meal which isn't vegetarian safe....

Message 245 of 352 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening for me too (xbox one) since November. Its so frustrating as it keeps wasting money and there are so many leftovers. 

I also don't get why a sim who is vegetarian will get non vegetarian food when asked to grab leftovers. 

When will they fix this?

Message 246 of 352 (1,084 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this since the kits came out.

I play on ps4 so no mods. 

The sims will literally starve themselves whilst cooking meal like mad! Really needs a fix!

Message 247 of 352 (1,041 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have a problem in that I had to remove all microwaves, as they give the sims bad stomachs (they get bad moodlets showing).  Even the Schmapple microwave is no good, which is the best one (supposedly).  My level 10 gourmet chef sims are using a microwave??  Not anymore!  Now they'll go to the grill instead!  Wrong on so many levels, when they can quickly knock out a gourmet meal for 8.  I've always had this problem, if I leave the house to play another for a few sim hours, I'll go back and find them eating food from their inventory, such as cupcakes sent as fan mail and then they complain that they feel ill because of a poor diet!  I've been playing for a year and this problem has always been there.  It's so hard to manage more than one household, if the others can't be bothered to cook a healthy meal.  They have so many harvestables in their inventories that they could make some top notch tucker!

Message 248 of 352 (1,008 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issues. I do not have mods and sims just make food all the time and never eat it especially when I have it in the fridge. They can no longer throw trash out as it fails no matter how many times it happens. Xbox one.

Message 249 of 352 (906 Views)

Sims repeatedly cook meals while autonomous, even when not hungry

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP07: 1.assets.live-ep07.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco Lifestyle, Journey to Battu and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in a household with multiple Sims (with Autonomy turned on for everyone except the selected Sim)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim in the household that is autonomous because they aren’t selected/being played will constantly go into the kitchen and cook meals. They do this even when they aren’t hungry and they don’t even eat the meals they make.
What do you expect to see? Sims to not constantly cook meals - particularly when they aren’t even hungry. I expect them to only cook one meal autonomously when hungry and then to actually eat the meal they made.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only started happening for me in the last few days. Within that time frame I purchased and downloaded the country kitchen kit and the retro fashion kit. The March 2021 update was also put out. Not sure if one of those two things triggered this bug. But it’s pretty problematic because whenever you switch off of one Sim to play another, the unplayed Sim immediately goes into the kitchen or out to the grill and begins repeatedly cooking meals that they just place down and don’t even eat.

I’ve included a screenshot that shows a Sim in the kitchen cooking. The cooking action in her queue that she is acting on was queued up autonomously when I wasn’t playing her and you can see that her hunger bar is full. She had actually just finished eating a meal which filled her hunger need, but she then immediately went into the kitchen and began cooking yet another meal entirely on her own. 

Message 250 of 352 (908 Views)