Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by BitterBubbly

Original Post

Sims Won't Stop Making Food

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Country Kitchen Kit Paranormal Stuff Strangerville Tiny Living My First Pet Jungle Adventure Laundry Day Parenthood Fitness Vampires Dine Out Toddler Backyard Vintage Glamour Kids Room Movie Hangout Spa Day Spooky Stuff Romantic Garden Outdoor Retreat Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Anytime the sim cooks a meal
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will make one meal, then keep making more and more meals even though they already have prepared meals in the fridge. One of the worst times is when they served up over ten meals and didnt eat one portion of any meal. They will not stop making food I literally do not understand this
What do you expect to see? Constantly preparing food even though they have previously made the food I have tried to debug my sims - Did not fix issue I have uninstalled the whole sims 4 including any packs and reinstalled. This made the bug stop for like one session of gameplay and then the bug just came back. Please help it is ruining my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help

Message 221 of 352 (1,372 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★ Novice

I have been having this exact same problem since last year!!! 

So glad that I am not alone 

Message 222 of 352 (1,368 Views)

★★★★ Expert

All right, last night my Sim with the Child of the Ocean tried to make tuna casserole AGAIN and because I don't want to watch him cry, I went off and banned all autonomous cooking in MC Tuner. 

(Okay, I allowed the butler.)

I also banned mixing bar drinks because my foodie vampire was obsessed with mixing hundreds of bar drinks, leaving some of them to spoil, drinking others and getting the "disappointing drink" moodlet (YOU MADE THAT DRINK! You have ONLY YOURSELF to blame!), and then complaining that the bar was filthy.

My MC_tuner.cfg banned actions:

13060,bar_StartCraftingAutonomously
13397,fridge_GrabSnackAutonomously
26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
26331,fridge_CookGroupDessert_Autonomously
26361,fridge_CookGroupMeal_Autonomously
31030,fridge_BakeCake_Autonomously
37404,fridge_Cook_CostumePartyFood_Autonomously
37405,fridge_Cook_BlackAndWhitePartyFood_Autonomously
37408,bar_StartCrafting_BlackAndWhiteDrinks_Autonomously
37415,bar_StartCrafting_CostumePartyDrinks_Autonomously
38875,grill_StartCraftingAutonomously
106195,fridge_CookGroupMeal_MindControlled
111460,herbalism_BrewPotion_Autonomous
112476,fridge_StartBakingAutonomously
133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
152488,fridge_CookAutonomously_Vegetarian
152489,fridge_CookGourmetAutonomously_Vegetarian
152490,fridge_CookGroupMeal_Autonomously_Vegetarian
152492,grill_StartCraftingAutonomously_Vegetarian
164355,fridge_GrabWaterAutonomously
181585,fridge_GrabCookiesAutonomously
219898,cauldron_CookAutonomously
234367,herbalism_BrewPotion_Autonomous_CivicPolicy

Message 223 of 352 (1,341 Views)

Re: Making meals bug?

★ Novice

Hello,

I have the same issue with @EeveeTinn . Could you help me?

Message 224 of 352 (1,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@xochiquetzl_xkvn

True story...but I am sooooo glad that mod exists! It has solved so many game breaking problems for me - obsessive cooking, obsessive making of drinks, obsessive dancing, obsessive doll house smashing, obsessive getting water from sinks, obsessive cauldron mac...I could go on for literally days, but I'll just say that the creator is a hero and deserves all the cookies. Forever. :D

Message 225 of 352 (1,296 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@BitterBubbly 

Oh, $Deity, the cauldron cooking!

My spellcaster couple had triplets (Oh $Deity).  When they aged up I put them on magic aspirations.  They were unable to brew five potions because their mother was OBSESSED with Transportalating in front of them to cook Cioppino or Mac and Cheese or whatever in the cauldron (and then abandon it to go cook on the stove five or six times before grabbing chips, ugh).  This was before I was using MC Tuner so I built a fence around the cauldron, put a gate on it, and unlocked it to each triplet in turn so they could DO THEIR ASPIRATION.  They didn't have Transportalate, so their mother would always beat them to the cauldron no matter what. 

(No, I will NOT buy four cauldrons! their mother would just fill each cauldron with a different food item and abandon it, anyway!)

Cauldron cooking is my pet peeve now.  That's a different bug thread, but... yes.  YOU MAY NOT, Sim. 

One of my friends actually disabled autonomy completely over this issue.  I'm frequently amused by what they choose to do, so I prefer to leave it on, but... this issue really tested that resolve. 

Message 226 of 352 (1,244 Views)

Re: Excessive cooking problem - Nov 2020

★ Guide

hey i keep seeing you saying to Send Saves.
what does that mean and how do you do it??

Message 227 of 352 (1,212 Views)

Re: Excessive cooking problem - Nov 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@Builds4Wizards

Been asked for a save ? Here's instructions: How to provide your save game 

Hope that helps

Message 228 of 352 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

4 months and 23 pages and according to the "Laundry List" this issue isn't even being looked into.

Looks like at least another month of an unplayable game.Woopdee-do.

Message 229 of 352 (792 Views)

★★ Pro
@justausername9 @LuvMySimz linked this:

https://twitter.com/simgurunick/status/1369846384271106048?s=21

So, it looks like it's being investigated, at least, even though it didn't make the Laundry List.

But, yeah, looks like it won't be fixed this go round. They're probably still trying to figure out how it got broken and how to fix it without breaking something else.
Message 230 of 352 (767 Views)