by FinalBossNyuma

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims conversate excessively/overly prioritize socialization

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Strangerville, Luxury Party, Moschino, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to make a sim converse with only one other sim in a crowded place, such as at a bar counter; Take a sim/sims to eat at a restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to conversate with a single sim within a crowded area, all other sims in that general area automatically join the conversation. Restaurants for example are further broken by sims standing around to chat and wandering to other tables to start conversations instead of staying seated & ordering food in an orderly fashion.
What do you expect to see? For 7+ other sims to to not barge into my conversations without my having a say in it; For sims at restaurants to sit at their assigned tables, stay seated, & only converse to wait staff or amongst themselves at their own tables unless I otherwise have a hand in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. v1.23 Update

As stated above, in large gatherings sims overly conversate/prioritize socializing with each other to the point that it makes playing the game & performing simple interactions/tasks much more difficult. If I want my sim to introduce themselves to someone at the bar, then I can only expect that the bartender as well as other sims situated at the bar or nearby will also inevitably join the convo immediately. And there’s no way to stop it other than to cancel out the now very large group chat from my sim’s queue. Not only that, but in the case of introducing oneself, my sim will automatically introduce themselves to everyone at once instead of just the one intended, which makes completing aspirations such as Friend of the World more frustrating.

At restaurants, sims either stand around chatting or wander around to strike up convos with other tables to the point that it utterly disrupts the overall flow of service & is very annoying. **And on another, possibly related note, at restaurants sims are also more likely to get up from their tables to do homework, listen to music genre speakers, or other autonomous activities unrelated to dining.

Message 1 of 6 (2,809 Views)

Re: Sims conversate excessively/overly prioritize socialization

★★★★ Apprentice
@FinalBossNyuma It also happens on PC, too. It doesn't happen very often for me, but when I'm on a date or just trying to make a friend with someone, people suddenly try to barge into the conversation. And when you're trying to romance someone while another person's talking to you, it turns into an awkward conversation. This is usually why I try to make friends or lovers with people at home, where usually no one else is there.
Message 2 of 6 (2,703 Views)

★ Guide
@Synzorasize Yes that’s exactly what I experience. Even when visiting like a cafe, for example, my sims are more likely to converse with the barista which makes everything overall take much longer. Perhaps since I’m on console this also makes my gameplay more laggy. I’ve been inclined to keep my sims at home.
Message 3 of 6 (2,684 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@FinalBossNyuma Yup, this can definitely get annoying at times. *sigh* Sometimes I have to lock the doors at home to prevent anyone from getting inside and disturbing them.
Message 4 of 6 (2,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I see this all the time, and it's very frustrating. All too often, if I have two Sims out on a date, some random Sim will intrude and try to force their way into their conversations. And if I just want my Sim to talk to one Sim, that can't happen. The entire room just has to butt in! If this somehow isn't a bug, then I really hope that it gets changed in the future. I only want the Sims that I specifically invited in my conversations, no intruders!

Message 5 of 6 (2,647 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims conversate excessively/overly prioritize socialization

★ Guide

I think this may not be a bug but I don't like when sims will forgo sitting in a dining chair just to go to someone's bedroom (when that other sim is ASLEEP) to sit on that other sim's bed and eat. I get sometimes its rough being alone but really?

Message 6 of 6 (2,160 Views)