Re: [OPEN] Sims changing into 1st Everyday Wear when going to school/work

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I guess your sim's changing outfit to the first everyday outfit must be taking my sim's ability to change from anything else when heading to school. She went in her swimming costume one time and another time in her pyjamas. Another time she went in her scout uniform, but at least that one was ok because it makes sense to go to school in uniform since schools have school uniforms. At least here they do. So the ability to change clothes must just be like that shared one braincell meme. For this particular household them not changing clothes to the appropriate ones doesn't bother me too much because I put them in the weirdest combinations of items and clashing colours I could for each category, but it is a bit weird having a kid walk barefoot to school in what is basically her underwear because the swimming costumes weren't strange enough without mixing the vest top and knickers together.

Message 11 of 25 (2,275 Views)

Hero
@alexafaie Are you playing a house or apartment ?

If you choose them to be in swimwear before going to school, then they'll stay in swimwear. That part is by design.

For PJ, there's a bug for apartments currently: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-CL-Sims-going-to-School-in-PJs-when-living-in-an...

For the scout uniform: Was she in the scout uniform before going to school or did the Sim change into it to go to school.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (2,269 Views)

Clothing outfit changes are inconsistent and random

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set 6 different "everyday" outfits for a sim, and set the 3rd or 4th outfit for a day. Watch as the sim ignores your choice, when going to work
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will choose one specific outfit when going to work - and the player cannot alter this...unless the sim will miss work
What do you expect to see? I expect to see consistency when a sim has 40 different outfits, yet defaults to only one within each category.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I imagine this issue has already been reported in the past, but I want to confirm it is not marked as resolved, or forgotten.

One of the things I do when creating a sim is choosing different outfits they should wear, for different circumstances.  The categories of outfits are:  Everyday, Formal. Athletic, Sleepwear, Party, Swimwear, Hot Weather, and Cold Weather.  Within each category, 5 outfits can be chosen for that category.  On multiple gave saves, with multiple sims, I have found the game code appears to lock in one outfit, while others do change - such as after a shower.  As a test, I selected the third or fourth outfit, within the Everyday category for a specific sim.  As soon as this sim walked down the stair, to go work, he immediately changed to the very first outfit in the Everyday category.    If I try to force the sim to change clothes to one of my choosing, the game asks if I want the sim to miss work.  If a sim is meant to only have one Everyday outfit, why provide the player with a chance to choose 5?

Based on what's been documented online, a sim should randomly change their outfit and not force the player to accept how the game chooses to run.  There are a few instances (such as changing to a random Sleepwear), where things do work - but these are few.  In reality, a person won't wear the exact same clothing every day - but apparently that's normal for a sim.

The time where this actually seems to work are sadly few.  It's frustrating for a player to take the time to choose and select specific outfits, and have the game code ignore what the player actually set. 

One of the selling points I've seen for new DLC packs is the variety of new clothes which may be chosen for a sim - but when the game code forces a player to accept what a specific sim will wear, it cheapens the value of all DLC's and the overall game itself.

Message 13 of 25 (2,250 Views)

★ Guide
@MavandClide I’ve experienced this for as long as I’ve owned this game on console, that I thought this was just a deliberate occurrence & not a glitch.
Message 14 of 25 (2,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

21/09/2020

My sims would always change to work outfits no matter if IT was an active career or rabbit hole ones. Now, I don't know when or why they won't anymore, none of them. In fact if I go play a household that I haven't played for a while, he/she might wearing their working clothes and they change to everyday before going to work.. /Huge facepalm 21/09/202

Message 15 of 25 (2,143 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 25 (2,092 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I am! It’s very annoying.
Message 17 of 25 (2,042 Views)

Possible Bug? Child&Teen sims changing into every day outfit to go to school

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except, Knifty Knitting, Bowling, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child or teen sim who lives outside of Mt Komorebi change into everyday outfit 2
What happens when the bug occurs? Child and Teen sims changing into everyday outfit 1, instead of the selected outfit (every-day 2, 3 4 etc)
What do you expect to see? The sim wearing the outfit I selected for them to wear or the outfit they randomly change into after having a shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since the Snowy Escape, I've been playing exclusively in Mt Komorebi and hadn't noticed anything overtly strange when it came to outfits when sending kids to school because of the whole uniform thing, but recently in preparation for the new pack, I made a test household in Brindleton Bay.

Everything is fine, but I've noticed that my sims will always chang into their default/everyday-1 outfit when going to attend school, kind of like how an adult sim would change into that outfit for the early levels in their job. 

I'm not sure if this is intentional or an unforeseen side effect from Snowy Escape, but I figured it was worth a report just in case it is a bug. 

Message 18 of 25 (2,011 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well, it's rather annoying that my sims will only wear the first outfit out of the 5 I have set up. I have an elder sim and teen/young adult sim this has happened with.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Journey to Batuu and Paranormal Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After creating multiple saved outfits, have the sim dress in any outift besides the first option and the sim will always change into the first outfit before leaving for work or any other even that triggers an outfit.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see consistency when a sim has 40 different outfits, yet defaults to only one within each category.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure, only changes I've made recently was to uninstall and reinstall Origin to fix the Cottage Living Preorder issue.

Message 19 of 25 (1,783 Views)

Champion

Seeing this on Xbox series S and before that on Xbox one for a long time. In Sulani though, the kids change into swimwear to go to school. Surprised it's not gained more me toos on here as I thought it would be a bigger issue.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 20 of 25 (1,665 Views)