Re: Children will only wear 1st Daytime outfit to school; teens will rotate thei

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Sims changing into 1st Everyday Wear when going to school/work

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until your sim goes to work/school and have multiple everyday wears, have them wearing an everyday wear that isn't 1st everyday wear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will change from the other everyday wear to the 1st everyday wear.
What do you expect to see? The sim to stay in their selected everyday wear without changing into their 1st everyday wear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been happening for quite a while now and it's really bugging me. I can't get an easy photo. I don't know if this was intentional but I doubt it is.

Message 1 of 25 (10,513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims changing into 1st Everyday Wear when going to school/work

Community Manager

Hey all,

Closing this as by design. The videos here all show them moving from a Warm or Cold weather outfit to an Everyday outfit, which is by design. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (880 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Thought that was fixed .. guess not .. added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (10,402 Views)

★ Guide

I did too but it seems to have started up again.

Message 3 of 25 (10,382 Views)

Children will only wear 1st Daytime outfit to school; teens will rotate theirs

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give children and teens multiple Daytime outfits and then have them go to school.
What happens when the bug occurs? Children will only change into their first Daytime outfit for school, while tees will rotate all Daytime outfits for school.
What do you expect to see? I expect the children to rotate their Daytime outfits to wear for school just the way the teens do. (Or, at the very least, I expect teens to only wear the first Daytime outfit like the children do.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While I'm not sure this is a bug, I find it very odd that teens will rotate their Daytime outfits for school but children won't. Wondering Children only wear their first Daytime outfit.  It seems to me the logical thing would be for both teens and children to do the same thing for school clothes.  It is not like a uniform that the adults wear for work.  I would really like my Sim kids to wear different outfits but they only do this at home or on the weekends.  Even if I have them wearing a different Daytime outfit right before school, they will always change into the first outfit! Angry

This might have existed from the beginning, but it might have appeared after an update -- I'm not sure because I didn't know how to give my Sims multiple outfits in the same category for a while.Oops Embarrassed  But the problem has existed at least for a year.  Disappointed

Thank you for your time! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 25 (10,356 Views)

Re: Children will only wear 1st Daytime outfit to school; teens will rotate thei

★★ Apprentice

Happening again. No CC or mods. My Sims end up freezing when they miss the school bus...

Message 5 of 25 (10,093 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (9,694 Views)

★ Guide
Not really since I have Seasons and they change into Cold/Hot Weather wear now
Message 7 of 25 (9,687 Views)

Champion

@crinrict, it is less noticeable with Seasons since some of the time they wil change to their hot or cold weather clothing for school, but even while playing Strangerville I noticed that on the days when it wasn't that hot , the teen would wear a secondary Daytime outfit to school, while the child only did that automatically on the weekend, and never for school. Raised eyebrow  It still bothers me some, but Seasons has made it less weird.  (I always felt like they would get bullied at school for always wearing the same outfit! FrownEmbarrassedLarge smile )

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 25 (9,495 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, still a thing and It's quiet annoying.

Message 9 of 25 (9,454 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims changing into 1st Everyday Wear when going to school/work

★★ Novice
Just wanted to say that this is still happening. I'm noticing it in my game with adults switching from another everyday outfit to everyday 1 right before leaving for work. I don't have Seasons so it is very noticeable and very annoying as them being able to have different outfits greatly adds to the realism of the game.
Message 10 of 25 (8,641 Views)