by candiecoatediv

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims can't travel with other Sims when selecting travel through lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MWS, Batu and a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and select traveling to a different lot. Only sims on the current lot are available to travel with.
What happens when the bug occurs? This happens sporadically, sometimes I can select sims to travel with and sometimes I cannot. Nothing directly tells me why it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.
What do you expect to see? Being able to select sims to travel with.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Initially appeared after patch on 7/26 was supposed to be fixed with patch 1.90.375.1020 but it is not fixed.

These bugs are very frustrating. I know there is a work around but processes should continue to work the same if things are being tested correctly which clearly they are not. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,746 Views)

Re: Still cannot select sims to travel after latest patch fix.

★ Guide

booted up my game today after updating and still also had this issue

Message 2 of 11 (2,721 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ok after a little testing I think I discovered why it works sometimes and not others. When I select travel via the phone I can select sims. If I click on a location and select visit I am unable to select anyone. **For some reason I cannot edit the original post to add this. The submit button is not working.**

Message 3 of 11 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@candiecoatediv It seems there's certain scenarios where it still happens.

Festivals still seem bugged: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SE-CoL-CL-Sims-greyed-out-for-Travel-with-option-for-Festivals...

(for the submit issue, try clearing your browser cache or different browser)

For you it's always the location pick ?

How about @skyemuu , can you confirm that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI'm going to pop in game and try it now. I believe it's always when I click on a specific location while in game. For example, I'm in Moonwood Mills and I click on the library directly. I cannot select anyone to travel with.

Update - also happens with festivals and competitions in HOB. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, regardless of where my sim is. She cannot travel with anyone unless they are on the same lot as her. The patch did not fix anything.

Message 6 of 11 (2,572 Views)

Hero
@theangryuniverse Which option are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (2,558 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI tried clicking on a building to travel as well as using the phone to invite others to come with me. Same with festival notifications - when I click on "travel to festival" and the menu for choosing other sims to go with mine pops up, I cannot select anyone that is not on my lot. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,530 Views)

Hero
@theangryuniverse The phone should work (works for me) Have you tried a game repair ?

Festivals are also still broken as well as lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,525 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict i'm not entirely sure, i think it might also have been related to festivals for me as i noticed that it works *sometimes* for me after posting this.
Message 10 of 11 (2,396 Views)