Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by alakurielle

Original Post

Sims 4 Parenthood

★★ Novice

Hi,  When I play Sims 4 everything is working fine except with the toddlers.  My parent sim can't potty train, read to toddler, or read the toddler to sleep.  The parent  will lead the toddler to the potty but then walks away as soon as the toddler sits on the seat.  Very frustrating

Message 81 of 134 (870 Views)

Can't take care of toddlers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler and try and teach them anything or take care of a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will not teach a toddler to potty or teach them any of the other skills. They will put a plate of food on a high chair but will not pick the toddler up and put it in the high chair.
What do you expect to see? My sim taking care of their toddlers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issues started after the last patch of the sims.

I have mods but I have tried taking them out, repairing my game and even removing my sims folder and starting a new game. My sims can't take care of a toddler the options just aren't there. I've seen someone else post an issue but it said parents refused to care for toddlers and I was afraid it wasn't the same because like I said the options just aren't there for me.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 82 of 134 (866 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Parenthood

Champion (Retired)

@2manykats 
Not everyone has the same experience in their game. Unfortunately you seem to be having issues similar (or same) as others have reported.
Some game issues may be related to mods or custom content.
It is important to test without them to be sure of the actual cause.
Personally I have no mods or cc and still see issues especially with toddlers.
I was able to correct mine by deleting the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Then repairing the game by right clicking on the game in the Origin launcher and running the repair option.

Please review these reports to see if your experience is the same.

[OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-can-t-help-toddlers-to-potty-or-play-blocks/td-p/916...

There are other issues related to Pregnancy/Baby/Toddler on the compiled list of bugs reported.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M13006...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 83 of 134 (841 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue here. What has been happening is the caregiver will just put the toddler down, and then leave.. no options to help are available if the toddler is doing the interaction either.

Message 84 of 134 (867 Views)

★ Apprentice
@minkydpain I’ve been having the same problem with their parents and grandparents. I however play on the PS4
Message 85 of 134 (850 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem here. Seriously, do you guys play test your games AT ALL? I've never seen a game so broken, and I played ME Andromeda on release.

Message 86 of 134 (835 Views)

★ Guide

Just here to say me too! Used the Flashcards and stuff as a substitude, but for me too toddlers finished the action but the adults just stopped. Happend with elders, adults and young adults.

Message 87 of 134 (827 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the response.  The first link you shared, is exactly my issue.  I have no cc or mods in my program.  So hopefully a new patch will fix this problem.  Thank you again for the quick response.

Message 88 of 134 (812 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@2manykats 
Always happy to help 😁
Hopefully the team can provide solutions this any other outstanding issues soon.
There may be delays but I prefer a solid fix rather than a quick one.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 89 of 134 (796 Views)

★ Guide
@SersieSugita The only workaround I know is to raise a toddler with the "independent" perk and let them do stuff alone
Message 90 of 134 (789 Views)