I can’t Potty train

by twentybiteen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it is still happening :/ (I play on a Mac)

Message 71 of 134 (1,265 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's happening for me too

Message 72 of 134 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening to me too... Regardless of age (had YA and then adult parents), they will start potty training and then wander off to use the computer or something, and I can’t get them to go back to potty training.

Message 73 of 134 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too with Young Adults and their toddler children. It's really annoying!

Message 74 of 134 (1,144 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bra1nBlast3d Thanks so much for the mod, it works really well. I can play my game again!
Message 75 of 134 (1,062 Views)

★ Guide

Happening to me as well. I play on a PS4 with no mods or CC and I have every pack except for Eco. My Young Adult parents have twin toddler girls that I just aged up from infants and so far I have found that they cannot potty train them, they will only read one to sleep and not the other, and can’t help with the blocks. 

Message 76 of 134 (1,007 Views)

★ Guide

I thought this was just an obstinate feature of having an independent toddler, but now this makes a lot more sense. In a family I started a few weeks ago, I was completely unable to assist the toddler in doing much of anything. When trying to play with the toddler with their dollhouse, the parent would queue up nothing and just stand there uselessly. The toddler didn't seem to mind, but it was certainly very different behavior than I'd had before with my first family! It was the same with blocks and a number of other things, but I think that flash cards may have worked properly. Probably only because a child is wholly incapable of using flash cards on their own in this case, though...

Message 77 of 134 (997 Views)

★ Novice

This has been happening with all older sims (teen - elder) who are trying to interact with toddlers

Message 78 of 134 (961 Views)

I can’t Potty train

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco Lifestyle, My First Pet Stuff, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click potty and choose a child to potty train.
What happens when the bug occurs? My adult sim with start the interaction, but after the toddler sits down, my adult sim will stop potty training and wander off. Also the option to potty train a toddler who is already on the potty is no longer available.
What do you expect to see? My adult sim will stand by the potty and encourage the toddler. The adult sim does not stop unless the action is canceled or the toddler is finished. If the toddler is already sitting on the potty, the option to potty train will still pop up when the potty is clicked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that came out right before Eco Lifestyle

I have the same issue when my sim is trying to teach her toddlers with blocks. Once the kid sits down, she walks away and does something else

Message 79 of 134 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Just discovered this happening a few weeks ago, I tried to get adults to help toddlers potty and play blocks but the toddler will just end up doing it solo and not getting help while the adult goes off and does something else.

Message 80 of 134 (935 Views)