Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by NevisDreams

Original Post

Re: Problems with toddlers after June 3rd 2020 patch

★★ Guide
I also have this issue. I saw the link posted and my sims son wasn’t linked to any extended family. It’s just him, his mom and his mother’s significant other who I made his caregiver. Neither one can potty train him. It cancels and there’s no option to watch or assist in the training. I haven’t tested the nesting blocks for this issue though. My sims are able to teach him flash cards, however.
Message 51 of 134 (1,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It's also happening to me.  
I've also noticed it happening when I tried to read a toddler a book, it got as far as summoning the book to read and then just drops the action. 
I thought it might be a problem with skill building interactions so I checked teach to talk and flash cards and they are working just fine.
I checked the stacking blocks and I got them to work, though it seemed to refuse if the toddler in question was doing something else (which is something I've seen in the past, the adult cancelling actions because the toddler is busy). [EDIT] Correction, it is cancelling the action shortly after beginning.  
Another interesting thing that could be related I spotted was attempting to 'play dolls with...' with the castle doll house.  the action refused to even show up in the adults que, but I noticed that in the toddlers que 'play dolls' showed up for every time I tried with the adult.  no idea if that's related (or normal, seems weird seeing as the action is 'with') but it could be. 

Message 52 of 134 (1,406 Views)

Re: Adult Sims cannot help toddlers with potty or blocks

★ Guide
@DoranneB I had the issue with the blocks, when they are learning shapes, the only action you can pick is to teach to stack, and on reverse, the actions never match what the toddler is doing, breaking their animations
Message 53 of 134 (1,401 Views)

Re: Adult Sims cannot help toddlers with potty or blocks

★★★★★ Newbie

I've noticed that this extends to disaplining behaviour as well, I try to 'ask not to be defiant' and the interaction starts, get the relationship minus but then the interaction dissapears from the active and the sims end the animation without the positive gain to the trait.

Its not all interactions that are broken though, the purely social ones seem to still work so I can teach a toddler to talk, but not to stack, potty train ect.

Message 54 of 134 (1,337 Views)

Problems teaching toddlers

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack with the exception of Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toddler-adult interaction related. Easy to reproduce with attempting to train toddlers.
What happens when the bug occurs? Problem arising when attempting to train toddlers with blocks or potty chair. Adults attempting to "Teach" the toddler will start the process, and the leave on their own without finishing the training. Additionally, adults attempting to interact with toddlers are extremely slow to perform the action, resulting in the action being cancelled by the adult or the toddler.
What do you expect to see? The adult who is supposed to be teaching the toddler to stand there and provide guidance and help the toddler learn (either stack or shapes, with blocks, or going potty with the potty chair). After the adult leaves, there is no option for the adult to teach the toddler, even if the toddler is still in the process of the task that was supposed to be taught to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Problem was first noticed after the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack was released. The previous toddlers that were present were from several patches (months) ago.

This problem is seriously impacting play as it significantly slows down the learning process for toddlers.  Additionally, the process of even trying to start some interactions is extremely difficult and can take several real world minutes just to get the process started

As an aside, one of the toddlers that was aged up from infant resulted in the crib disappearing and the toddler, as well for a short time.  When the toddler reappeared, there was no option to choose the toddler trait, and instead was automatically given the "Fertile" trait from the reward store.

Message 55 of 134 (1,308 Views)

Adults Can't Teach Toddlers Blocks or Potty

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest as of 6/15/20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except dine out and party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult/YA try to teach a toddler blocks or how to potty.
What happens when the bug occurs? The adult initiates the interaction but then immediately gives up. Clicking on a toddler while they're on the potty or playing with blocks doesn't give the potty train or teach blocks interaction either.
What do you expect to see? Adults successfully teach toddlers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle plus recent updates.

Toddlers cannot be taught how to play blocks or go potty.

Message 56 of 134 (1,348 Views)

Re: Adults Can't Teach Toddlers Blocks or Potty

★★★ Newbie
@maryabre Update, doesn't matter if the toddler initiates the interaction by asking to be taught - adult still gives up.
Message 57 of 134 (1,337 Views)

Betreff: Adults Can't Teach Toddlers Blocks or Potty

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, I have all packs except Eco Living! No mods or CC ever used.

Message 58 of 134 (1,286 Views)

★ Guide

I have this bug too (latest patch, no cc, one mod that affects celebrity behaviour only). Toddlers are challenging enough already to play with without this bug. Disappointed

Message 59 of 134 (1,246 Views)

★★ Guide

I now have a mod that fixes this. If you would like to use it, look up thefreshsims on Tumblr and go to the "My Mods" section. If you still have trouble, use the search function on the page and look for "Toddler Mentoring Fix".

Message 60 of 134 (1,213 Views)