Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Sims can't become soulmates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My two married sims have a 100% relationship and friendship status, but they don't change from being lovers, they won't become soulmates. The man from this marriage had already had a soulmate relationship with another sim, but this sim has already died, before she passed away they stopped being soulmates because my sim asked her to keep the friendship.
What happens when the bug occurs? The married sims don´t become soulmates.
What do you expect to see? The married sims should become soulmates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'll try to narrate what I've done with my sims. First I created the female sim named Carolina, she lived alone for a while. Then I created the male sim named Rafael, he was placed on a home next to Carolina´s. They met when Rafael moved in, they started going out and then they moved in together. I tried to accomplish the "Serial Romantic" Love aspiration for each sim. Rafael achieved the soulmate relationship with another sim, but after completing all the milestones he asked that soulmate to keep things like friends, so they stopped being soulmates. Carolina also completed the Serial Romantic aspiration but never achieved soulmate with anyone. Now they are both married but have never achieved the soulmate status.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 71 (22,909 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't become soulmates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It's only happened when playing my sim paired with Darrel Charm. I have multiple save files with her, and she's been able to become soulmates with the NPC Caleb Vator as well as the CC Geralt of Rivia without issue. I even tested in the save file she's married to Darrel on to see if it was an issue with that save, but she's been able to soulmate with others in that save. It seems to be directly related to Darrel.
What is your current game version number? I'm not sure how to find that? I just purchased the game this month, and it's completely up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe, Island Living, City Living, Cottage Living, Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Dine out, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Kids Room, Toddler, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Paranormal, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build up a relationship with Darrel, when the game offers the choice "convince to leave" tell it to do that, keep building the relationship and marry Darrel. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Darrel and Vendra don't become soul mates.
What do you expect to see? Darrel and Vendra becoming soul mates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Custom Content - I installed a Geralt of Rivia sim.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

One sim is made by me in the CAS, the other is an NPC sim (Darrel Charm).
I built their relationship up naturally, rather than using the available cheat codes.
The friendship and relationship bars are at 100 and have been for two weeks IRL.
I have them go on dates, have meaningful conversations, joke around with each other, etc.
They're best friends, lovers, married. They're listed as deeply connected, smitten and closer from happy memories.

Yet, I cannot get them linked up as soulmates.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm experiencing the exact same issue with two of my sims.  

Update: 

This worked:

Pause and Ctrl+Shift+C

modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> -200 LTR_Friendship_Main
modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> -200 LTR_Romance_Main

Unpause and play for a few seconds - I had one tell a joke to the other then pause again

modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> 200 LTR_Friendship_Main
modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> 200 LTR_Romance_Main

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

View in thread

Message 56 of 71 (12,538 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims can't become soulmates.

Hero
@catitot Guess I missed this.

Do you still have issues with this ? There haven't been any other reports as I can see ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 71 (22,799 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't become soulmates

★ Guide

Hello!

it is 2019 and this is still an issue. I am wondering if the bug comes from when the two sims in question already have high relationships and THEN become married. It has been several sim days and they still are not soulmates. Just a thought!

Message 3 of 71 (22,750 Views)

Champion

I haven't experienced this. My sims have no troubles becoming soulmates and they aren't even married. And they have multiple soulmates at the same time.

If you're having issues, try resetting their relationship, like using "ask to just be friends" to remove the romance, and then build it back up again to see if it triggers the relationship status changing again. With married sims, you might not be able to use that option though.

You can try the friendship and romance modify cheats:

modifyrelationship John Doe Jane Doe -50 LTR_Friendship_Main

modifyrelationship John Doe Jane Doe -50 Romance_Main

See if changing the level of their friendship or romance triggers the status updating from "lovers" to something else, such as sweethearts, lovebirds, just friends, etc.

You can then cheat it back up afterwards to see if it turns into soulmates or have them naturally interact to raise the friendship and romance.

Message 4 of 71 (22,726 Views)

Hero
Adding this back to see if more people still see this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 71 (22,675 Views)

★ Pro

Well my Sims are not married, but in my game the relationship has become stuck on lovers, even though both relationships bars are maxed should be soul mates. Has been that way for several Sim weeks. Sim has since completed serial romance aspiration and none of the others got stuck just the first. The first romance was taken very slowly, compared to the others.

Message 6 of 71 (22,663 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have 2 sims who are at maxed romance and friendship before they got married. Now that they're married, they won't advance to soulmates. I've tried playing other families to give them time for the relationship to update, lowered their relationship and built it back up, everything short of divorcing them and trying again. 

No custom content, don't even use cheat codes.

I would love to see this fixed soon.

Message 7 of 71 (22,561 Views)

Help!my sims are stuck as lovers instead of soulmates

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.18.49.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, get together, bowling night stuff, spa day, seasons,parenthood, and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the aspiration and relationships status of the Andrews household in Oasis spring.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are stuck as lovers and I cannot complete the soulmate aspiration. They were once soulmates because I complete 2 out of 50 gestures when they were soulmates. Unfortunately they are stuck as lovers.
What do you expect to see? I expect to when my sims have full friendship and romance that they are to be soulmates not lovers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.18.49.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, Seasons, spa day, bowling night stuff, parenthood, toddler stuff, get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Andrews household in Oasis spring. There’s a married couple there stuck as lovers instead of soulmates.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot complete the soulmate aspiration because my sims are stuck as lovers . They were once soulmates and I completed 2 out of 50 romantic gestures as soulmates but now they are lovers and I cannot complete the goal.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see when the bar is at full friendship and full romance that my sims can be soulmates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

Message 8 of 71 (22,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Im having this same issue! I’m trying to complete the soulmate aspiration but I can’t complete it because my sims are stuck as lovers now. I am positive they were once soulmates because it says I completed 2 out of 50 romantic gestures as Soulmates! And now when the husband does something romantic with his wife it doesn’t count because it says lovers with an icon with 3 hearts and two faces. I have been able to complete this aspiration twice already and I’m not sure why it’s not working with this sim. Does it have something to do with his personality?....should they make a baby ? I really want to complete this aspiration to get the points I worked for.
Message 9 of 71 (22,362 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Same thing here. My married sims with maxed relationships can't reach soulmates. They were soulmates but then they quarreled, after that they restore all relationships to the max level again, but can't get soulmates anymore for unknown reason.
Message 10 of 71 (22,151 Views)