★ Apprentice

This worked. Thanks!

Message 41 of 71 (10,203 Views)

More Soulmate issues on PS4

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Two Sims, married. One sim has soulmate aspiration. (Jordan) Other sim is in culinary aspiration. (Franchesca) 100% max friendship. 100% max relationship. Successfully achieved two silver dates, two gold dates. Best friends. Franchesca is a mermaid. Jordon is not a merman. They share a bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time.
What do you expect to see? That at 100% friendship and 100% relationship that soulmate status would be achieved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Cannot reach soulmate status.

They have remained at acquaintance status and it won't change - not even to lovebirds.

I've tried taking them to different locations, doing different activities together, keeping them at 100% for more than 24 hours sim time.

Another couple also lives in the household, one with music aspiration and the other is writer aspiration. They did achieve soulmate status, but neither currently have soulmate aspiration.

A couple of players wrote in that you can use a cheat, I don't use cheats (I like getting the trophies.) Plus, I'm on a console.

The other recommendation was to move them to a new lot, which I really do not want to do bc I've spend many, many hours over the past couple of months on this house. I guess I can finagle it, but shouldn't have to. 

Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe and be well.

Message 42 of 71 (2,720 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't become soulmates

★ Novice

This is the only way that worked for me!! I did -50 -50 +50 +50 did not work, but -200, -200, +200, +200 did! Please note I did pause the game for one minute in between each interaction ! 

Message 43 of 71 (2,340 Views)

Married Sims won’t become Soulmates at 100/100, unable to complete Soulmate Asp.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? EP:10.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Checking the profile of the married Sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t complete aspiration
What do you expect to see? The high relationship should advance to Soulmates or have a workaround to refresh/skip without using testingcheats
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Trying to complete the Soulmate aspiration but married Sims won’t become Soulmates. They were best friends first (which actually is one of the milestones) so I changed that, didn’t work. Took apartment key back, didn’t work. Still showing just Lovers and Spouse. 

Message 44 of 71 (2,055 Views)

Re: Married Sims won’t become Soulmates at 100/100, unable to complete Soulmate

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, i'm on PS4 too. It's an old and unresolved bug but there is a way to manage this problem without using the codes (because, don't forget, the codes deactivate permanently the trophies of your game if you save)

So: If your 2 sims have friendship and love at max, consider them to be at +200pts. When you meet a sim, it's neutral, so at 0. Now, the idea is to totally cancel these bars by making them hate each other. Basically, bring them to -200pts in friendship and love. Then, you raise again the gauges enough (+150 minimum) to get the soulmate trait. At this point, you can get married and do the aspiration normally.

Solution tested twice yesterday. it's better than using the codes to keep the trophies.

Message 45 of 71 (2,009 Views)

★ Guide
@JP_Bourrin Right, that’s why I’m not wanting to use the code on this save, it’s my generations using BitLife so definitely don’t want to use cheats!
The only issue, well concern I have with making them hate each other, since they are married is if now with Sentiments, there will be longterm issues/moodlets on the supposed “memory system”?
Message 46 of 71 (1,991 Views)

Re: Sims can't become soulmates.

★★ Novice

Hi, March 2021 and I still have this issue, although it's an old save, or I mean old couple, saves are constantly resaved.

My couple is Married, Lovers and Best friends. One of them is a Key holder.

Moving out and back of the lot did not help.

They are 100 and 100 on friendship and romance.

I've read, that Lovers state is when Friendship is -20 to 35. So maybe, it is the problem with the friendship stat that's not being recognized?

I dunno, but I'm tired of waiting for a fix, I abandoned this household for over a year, so I'm using some cheats.

Message 47 of 71 (1,956 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I don't know what's going on with the memory system, but what I see is that my sims are still close after their 2nd marriage Standard smile Nothing strange in their profile too.

I hadn't specified, but to make them hate each other to the max and in order to cancel this bug, you have to divorce them and make them fight (logically, at this point, you automatically go to -200 in friendship). To make it easier to get back to the max, use the Moodlet Solver reward on both sims right after. With this, all your needs will be at max and you can go without sleeping on until the new wedding . Also, it's easier with the trait "Beguiling" on one of your sim. You will be able to flirt immediately ^^'

Message 48 of 71 (1,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I tried to do this with the cheat codes, it creates a duplicate of the sim my sim is in a relationship with, but doesn't affect the original relationship. Like it creates another "John Doe" but leaves the original John Doe still in lovers status with my sim, unable to become soulmates. Both sims are ones I created. Has anyone else experienced something like this?  

Message 49 of 71 (1,809 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. My sims are married bffs and both friendship and romance are maxed.

Other single sims haven't had any trouble becoming soulmates. They aren't bffs either.

I've tried the cheats to lower and also to make the status higher.. None of them worked. (I did turn on cheats).

Idk if I'm typing them wrong. I was hoping not to have to cheat to complete the aspiration.

I have no mods or cc.

Message 50 of 71 (1,217 Views)