Re: [OPEN] Sims can't become soulmates

by Heavendreamer2

Original Post

Re: Can’t Become Soulmates

Hero
@kmoua06 I merged your post with existing thread on this.

QA is looking for saves on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 71 (5,266 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I found a method that might help someone with this problem: 

try moving one of your Sims to a different lot/house (I did it via Manage Households). After that, my Sims finally got the Soulmate status! 

Message 32 of 71 (5,245 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims can't become soulmates

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue. Max frienship and romance, but not showing as soulmates. I'm also pretty sure they were already soulmates and they no longer are.

Message 33 of 71 (5,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@ashleena123 wrote:

I found a method that might help someone with this problem: 

try moving one of your Sims to a different lot/house (I did it via Manage Households). After that, my Sims finally got the Soulmate status! 

thanks, i will try that...

Message 34 of 71 (5,223 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Player_e1lbp5gc Hope it works for you too!
Message 35 of 71 (5,189 Views)

Re: Sims can't become soulmates.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i have issues with this, but I don't know i am remembering every single step I took with my sims

My male sim had a music genius aspiration while he was romancing the female sim though.
She had an aspiration to be great at magic. But since you could change aspirations, and
I wanted them to both get the soulmate one, I changed his after he hit music genious, 
and then I ended up changing hers as well, so they could both get it together., 

That said, they were bf and gf I think at the time. 
They were lovebirds, then they got married which was next on the list. 

i then proceeded to the next step which was two silver dates. I got those. 
But I can't seem to get soulmate status. 
They have been maxed in friendship and love both for each other for quite some time, 
I think a year or more in the game before I got them married. 
I did move her into his house before the wedding though, for maybe a couple seasons
before the wedding, because I read that the game would not automatically move her in. 

so anyway, I have no mods. I play on Windows 10 on a pc. 
I tend to get my couples into high friendships before I have one of them
start flrting, and become bf and gf, which is the model I followed. 
The only things I can think of that might have affected the soulmate thing
is that they didn't have that aspiration the entire time I had them dating. 
Again, they were full max at their relationship in friendship and love 
when I got them married. They even had a time when the full love bar went
down a bit over a couple unfortunate interactions, but they recovered it quickly. 
So idk what's going on, but...yea.. stuck at full love and friendship and completed the silver dates, 
but no soulmate fulfillment and I do have them do deep converstations and a ton of friendly interactions
while building their relationship, not just all romantic interactions

Sorry if it's too much or convoluted, i just wanted to be thorough

what do you mean :"doing the wedding anniversary to update the wedding"?

I have issues with this in 2020 July...

But I just now noticed, even though my sim couple has completed pretty much every milestone
on the path to become soulmates, that when I hover over the gold aspiration icon, it says Soulmates 2/4, indicating
that they only have completed 2 of the 4 requirements. That's odd, bc they have gotten the checkmarks every step
of the way. So something is stopping the game from recognizing 2 of the milestones. I wish it were more explicit in

which ones, as that would go a long way towards helping the devs to solve this issue, but it just says 2/4

Message 36 of 71 (5,049 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

My Sim couple also canot become soulmates, they're stuck at loverbirds, married. They have 100% of both friendship and romantic, although it might have happened they reached the romantic bar way earlier than friendship. I play them sporadically, so I did not even noticed this feature was bugged.

The moving one of them out to different lot/household did not help, thanks though.

No CC allowed, though some being in the mods folder. Though only recently, and this seems like an older problem, the couple is steady for quite some sim "years".

August 2020.

Thanks for reviewing this.

Message 37 of 71 (4,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@simvasionThe modifyrelationships cheat fixed mine where the cheat for making them complete soulmate interactions had not! THANK YOU!!

I don't know how I messed their relationship up but it likely had to do with changing aspirations for one or both of them midstream in the middle of another one.

I used the modify relationship [ modifyrelationship sim1 1st name sim1 last name sim2 first name sim2 last name -50  LTR_Friendship_Main / modifyrelationship sim1 1st name sim1 last name sim2 1st name sim2 last name -50 Romance_Main] using -50 and then doing like another -20 or so to be careful not to totally remove the relationship, played them for a couple seconds or so,  after I brought them down to a very minimal friendship and love status, but not so far down that it took them away completely. Then I raised them back up to the full status + 100 on both love and friendship, and when I went back to check their simology, it now says they are soulmates! That was the one thing missing after completing milestones. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Message 38 of 71 (4,915 Views)

Sims are unable to become soulmates before and after marriage.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Steps to Reproduce: 1. Have 2 sims reach 100% friendship level. 2. Have the same 2 sims reach ~50% relationship level. 3. Have the 2 sims get married. 4. Have the 2 sims reach 100% relationship level.
What happens when the bug occurs? Result: Observe the 2 sims will not become soulmates, even with 100% friendship and relationship meters.
What do you expect to see? The 2 sims should become soulmates upon reaching 100% friendship and relationship level after getting married.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this is a dupe of several other issues, but I wanted to put this in so hopefully it gets more attention. It's completely halted my achievement run :-(

Message 39 of 71 (4,855 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm a rotational player trying to do the ten generation achievement for multiple families. So far I'm on gen 2-3. I've had the problem with spouses becoming soulmates before on several occasions. If I care, I generally try to get to soulmate before marrying the individual. I do not play with mods or cc, but have used cheat codes on occasion. Mostly max motives, move objects, or show hidden objects. All expansions, game packs and most stuff packs. I also frequently switch aspirations on sims so they get part way through multiple ones before finally completing one. (More aspiration points to spend)

I've also had multiple bugs in this game. The eco patch finally seams to have fixed the bug where if you are away from your home on Monday morning the bills are based on the lot you are visiting and are astronomical. (20k bills when it was 2k the week before). I also have had Father Winter be replaced by other random sims. That one is funny. I moved one into a played household and he got retirement pay as Father Winter. I also have one of the Pollination Technicians a the leader of club cosplay. Short of cheats I don't think I can kill them off and take over. Mostly I just roll with it. Some of the answers to the bugs are to start a new save, but then I'd lose my generation count and all of the cousin relationships. 

No idea how to pull save file and send it. Is it something like Slot_00000003.save.ver4?

The current couple suffering this is Yasmin and Sylas Vidal. Yasmin met Sylas on vacation at Selvadorada. To make this work they moved in before becoming married. Yasmin's biological clock was ticking so I think they married before maxing romance. It's been a while and I've been playing other families for months. I just noticed this glitch on them. 

Things on the threads I tried to fix it: 

* Have a baby - Yasmin is now an elder. But they have three kids and were at max romance for a while

* Renew vows - At max romance I clicked on a wedding arch and had them renew vows. Still lovers status

* modify relationships cheat - I tried a few combinations of the and it didn't work for me.  Not -100 or -20. See answer below. I think it has to be -200 in both friendship and romance.

- Lower to lovebirds and socialize to max didn't work. 

* Move to new house - I used a cheat to reduce friendship and romance -20 from both. I switched houses with a family so he was watching the kids. Then in the new house I maxed their relationships. Still no soulmates.

* Move to brand new household - moved in at -20 Friendship and Romance. Romanced  and socialized to max. No soulmates.

* Move to brand new household - moved in at -20 Friendship and Romance. Used cheat code to max friendship and romance.

WHAT WORKED:

In new household use cheat code to lower both friendship and romance by -200. Sims will despise each other. I let one sim go to work. Upon return I used the ModifyRelationship Yasmin Vidal Sylas Vidal 200 LTR_Romance_Main and the friendship cheat to increase to max. Soulmate status achieved. Achievement advanced to next stage.

Message 40 of 71 (4,714 Views)