Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't become soulmates

by aisling

Original Post

Love aspirations and challenges

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Lots. Not all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the new romance challenge "Finding love after a breakup" with no sim with the 'soulmate' aspiration. Achieve the BBF challenge and have a sim take the 'soulmate' aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? At '3. Love Handler' you cannot become a soulmate. Aspiration tree is broken.
What do you expect to see? The interactions can be used but the aspiration stops triggering. Using cheats is the only way to finish the aspiration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It is the first time I have played this particular aspiration and upon seeing the challenge I wanted to try with an unflirty, family orientated sim and a self absorbed, erratic sim (to add extra spice!). The counters for both sims friendship/love are at 100% but the aspiration does not recognize these sims as soulmates...

Message 51 of 71 (2,376 Views)

Re: Love aspirations and challenges

Hero
@tommynocker001 and they have the soul mate status ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 71 (2,361 Views)

★ Guide

"Enemies with benefits" from the challenge, but not the soul mate.

Message 53 of 71 (2,355 Views)

Hero
@tommynocker001 Then that's probably the reason the aspiration didn't fulfill and related to the other thread I linked to you earlier.

Going to merge this with the not becoming soul mates

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 71 (2,352 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, thanks.

Message 55 of 71 (2,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It's only happened when playing my sim paired with Darrel Charm. I have multiple save files with her, and she's been able to become soulmates with the NPC Caleb Vator as well as the CC Geralt of Rivia without issue. I even tested in the save file she's married to Darrel on to see if it was an issue with that save, but she's been able to soulmate with others in that save. It seems to be directly related to Darrel.
What is your current game version number? I'm not sure how to find that? I just purchased the game this month, and it's completely up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe, Island Living, City Living, Cottage Living, Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Dine out, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Kids Room, Toddler, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Paranormal, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build up a relationship with Darrel, when the game offers the choice "convince to leave" tell it to do that, keep building the relationship and marry Darrel. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Darrel and Vendra don't become soul mates.
What do you expect to see? Darrel and Vendra becoming soul mates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Custom Content - I installed a Geralt of Rivia sim.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

One sim is made by me in the CAS, the other is an NPC sim (Darrel Charm).
I built their relationship up naturally, rather than using the available cheat codes.
The friendship and relationship bars are at 100 and have been for two weeks IRL.
I have them go on dates, have meaningful conversations, joke around with each other, etc.
They're best friends, lovers, married. They're listed as deeply connected, smitten and closer from happy memories.

Yet, I cannot get them linked up as soulmates.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm experiencing the exact same issue with two of my sims.  

Update: 

This worked:

Pause and Ctrl+Shift+C

modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> -200 LTR_Friendship_Main
modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> -200 LTR_Romance_Main

Unpause and play for a few seconds - I had one tell a joke to the other then pause again

modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> 200 LTR_Friendship_Main
modifyrelationship <FirstCharNameFull> <OtherCharNameFull> 200 LTR_Romance_Main

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 56 of 71 (12,734 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@rejohnson53 Following- let me know if it got fixed!
Message 57 of 71 (2,092 Views)

Please help me fix the soulmate bug without cheats

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base 1.57.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to be soulmates and achieve the aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? I've tried everything but I never get the option to become soul mates with my spouse when I look under both relationships it says soulmates but lovers and lovebirds doesn't show up either I can't get the achievement please tell me how to fix this bug
What do you expect to see? This bug fixed so I can finally the aspiration
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me fix the soulmate bug without cheats

Message 58 of 71 (2,048 Views)

Re: Please help me fix the soulmate bug without cheats

Hero

@Juggalette-Juice 

I've had this happen before.  And what worked for me to fix it was having them break up or divorce and starting the romantic relationship all over again.  It's a pain since it causes the romantic relationship to go completely negative but if you do a lot of romantic socials in a row you can get them back to a full romance bar in a fairly short time.  You'll have to go through the propose and marriage socials again too.  I also suggest you keep the aspiration as the active aspiration for both of the sims the entire time so when they hit soulmates again, the aspiration will register it and the milestone should complete then.  

Hope this helps.

Message 59 of 71 (2,024 Views)

Re: Please help me fix the soulmate bug without cheats

★★★ Newbie
@Juggalette-Juice This did not work I tried
Message 60 of 71 (1,950 Views)