Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims autonomously removing wild plants

by Baylon7373

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@JasonVega2 My Sims were doing it autonomously, and since I was trying to watch both of them, I couldn't always stop them in time. They are very determined, LOL, and would just queue up the action over and over again.

Message 11 of 25 (1,517 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay, this has gotten seriously irritating.

There is only one wild plant left on Mua Pel'am. There is a single pineapple bush left on a remote beach at the back of the island - the rest of the wild plants have been autonomously removed by NPC Sims. I was playing only one Sim, so I know it was never him.

So, my ecologist was unable to complete his work-from-home assignment to spray for invasive species because there weren't any on the single wild plant left behind by rapacious wild plant-hating NPC Sims.

This should simply not be autonomous behavior. We should have to direct a Sim to remove a wild plant. That would solve the whole problem.

But then, how are our old games ever going to get those plants back?

Message 12 of 25 (1,477 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I totally agree, I wondered where the plants were going too then a few minutes ago I caught one of my playable sims removing the last pineapple plant. It shouldn't be autonomous, its too ridiculous to have the plants part of not just the worlds and the sims lives but the jobs as well then add coding that removes them all. 

Message 13 of 25 (1,450 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was just having one of my sims vacation in Granit Falls and caught an NPC removing a Wild Plant...HEY!...I need those here! O^O"...have we ever seen NPC's do this before? I know I've had my Sims do it before but I don't know that I've seen NPC's do it before this...and in Granit Falls of all places...'head desk'...I closed my game just to post this here...now I'm going to go back to my game and have my Sim drink away my problems (I'm playing a completely up to date computer game with no mods just encase anyone wants to know)

Message 14 of 25 (1,398 Views)

★★ Guide

@JasonVega2  schrieb:

There is only one wild plant left on Mua Pel'am. There is a single pineapple bush left on a remote beach at the back of the island - the rest of the wild plants have been autonomously removed by NPC Sims. I was playing only one Sim, so I know it was never him.

So, my ecologist was unable to complete his work-from-home assignment to spray for invasive species because there weren't any on the single wild plant left behind by rapacious wild plant-hating NPC Sims.

This should simply not be autonomous behavior. We should have to direct a Sim to remove a wild plant. That would solve the whole problem.

For that reason it would be better if it's not possible to remove wild plants. I always wonder why this is an option, because it can cause so much trouble: no plants anymore.

Why do we need this stupid option? I don't know why wild plants must be remove.  I'm so happy that I didn't install the pre patch for Island Living. What a gamebreaking bug! But it is really sad that

I'm not able to get the bug fixes and not able to play Island Living. I do want to play it. It looks beautiful, but with so many gamebreaking bugs, I decided to buy not!

Message 15 of 25 (1,380 Views)

★★ Guide

@Baylon7373 wrote:

@JasonVega2  schrieb:

For that reason it would be better if it's not possible to remove wild plants. I always wonder why this is an option, because it can cause so much trouble: no plants anymore.

Why do we need this stupid option? I don't know why wild plants must be remove.  I'm so happy that I didn't install the pre patch for Island Living. What a gamebreaking bug! But it is really sad that

I'm not able to get the bug fixes and not able to play Island Living. I do want to play it. It looks beautiful, but with so many gamebreaking bugs, I decided to buy not!

I agree! Removing wild plants shouldn't even be an option. For me, I have scoured Sulani and can't find any plants. My sim autonomously queued to remove wild plant, not sure where the plant was but luckily I was able to cancel in time. It's quite disappointing to know this is going on in Granite Falls too as my sim needs to go there to collect herbs etc. 😟

Message 16 of 25 (1,374 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you all, I did not understand the missing plants on Sulani until I read this post

Message 17 of 25 (1,366 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well I do know that the wild plants do grow back...eventually....they just take the same amount of time as a newly planted plant...I've lived on the lots there and watched them grow back..so yeah...with seasons and all it does make it much more challenging to be an environmentalist...OYO....and yeah I never understood the point of removing the wild plants to being with...I mean why?

Message 18 of 25 (1,341 Views)

★★ Guide

@toramonger 

I really hope, for all simmers who run into that issue, that the wild plants do grow back! It would be very disapointing if not! So thanks for that information. Standard smile I didn't know that.

Message 19 of 25 (1,309 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims autonomously removing wild plants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI think this is suppose to be a gameplay feature for island living but it has never worked right  your sims are suppose to have the plants in there inventory after they pull them up

I looked at a coconut tree my sim was going to pull up and it said if you can manage to  take  it home you can plant it in your yard however you need to look around to make sure no conservationist see you

Message 20 of 25 (1,219 Views)