Sims keep returning from work after loading screen.

by sidthedoggo

Original Post

Sims keep returning from work after loading screen.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides Batuu, Wedding stories and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do anything that requires a loading screen, and go back to your house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim returns early from work, loses job performance, responsibility, ext.
What do you expect to see? Sims staying at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happens to teen sims too with their clubs. SO annoying

Message 31 of 51 (1,090 Views)

Sims leaving work / school early on game load

★★★★ Novice

So this has been happening for a few days now. I'll exit the game with sims either at work or school. Loading the game automatically ends the work / school day early. No mods. No sack lunches. 

Message 32 of 51 (1,025 Views)

Re: Sims leaving work / school early on game load

Hero
@RogueSkywalk3r I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 51 (1,009 Views)

Sim leave from work early when you load a save

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most expansions and game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Send you sim to go to work 2. Save the game 3. Load the save 4. Sim leave from work early and get the pay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim leave from work early and get the pay
What do you expect to see? Sim should keep working until their job duty end after loading a game save
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. HSY big bug patch added this bug

HSY big bug patch added this bug

Message 34 of 51 (1,005 Views)

Re: Sim leave from work early when you load a save

★★★★ Apprentice

If you have a family Sim go to work, another Sim travel to another map and back home. The working Sim will leave from work early as well...

Message 35 of 51 (982 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims at work come home on loading screen

★ Guide

I was able to fix this in my game with a mod. (For now at least) I downloaded a fix mod for the excessive "change phone cover" action and my sims stopped coming home from work before the work day was over upon loading, so I can only assume that it was being caused by my sims trying to do that action while off the lot?

Message 36 of 51 (949 Views)

Sims Are being Returned Home

★★★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MWS, Batu and a few kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim at work, pop into CAS or have a sim at work save and exit your game. Go back into your game and the sims who are supposed to be at work or school are now at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Almost 100% of the time. Almost every time I go into CAS and it's happened at least twice when returning to my game.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be at work or school regardless of my actions while they are away UNLESS I have them leave their job/school early.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent two patches

There isn't much else to say except I would like the game to function as intended. 

Message 37 of 51 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I just reported this...Why is this happening. My sims are missing out on promotions, money, grades.....

Message 38 of 51 (936 Views)

★★★ Novice

I noticed when a teen is the only resident if the go from 'come along school' to a job when home the clock skips forward but if you have another sim like an adult they both come home and the adult misses work and the kid misses their after school activity. and loses reputation (parenthood)

Message 39 of 51 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've found temporary solution for this. Load the game via selecting save file to prevent being loaded directly into your household, and load to any household except the last one you played when you save the game. And save the game in that household, go back to world management, load to your previous household. They won't be returning home till after work.

But this bug will still happen if you save(or enter CAS) and load the same household when your sims are at work, so my opinion is we'd better not to save the game while they're at work or school- until this bug gets fixed.

Message 40 of 51 (738 Views)