Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with instrument playing

by stormfxnet

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem, but not with instruments. Ever since "Rock Your Body (and Mind)" passed, my sims interrupt what they're doing to randomly do push-ups. I repealed that N.A.P. to make it stop, but my sim still constantly cancels interactions I tell her to do at random to get up and do push-ups. Same thing with "Foodies Unite!" Ever since that passed (and then was repealed) my sim will randomly drop what she is doing to cook and all visitors to her house will cook white cakes nonstop. It seems that the N.A.P. rewarding certain behaviors has two problems: 1) sims will interrupt other actions in order to do them, and 2) the behaviors don't stop even after the offending N.A.P. is repealed. It seems like fixing these two issues should be relatively easy, but we do need the sims team to get on it and tweak this code.

Message 21 of 50 (1,982 Views)

★★ Guide
@Citysim9997 I noticed that today when my current active household invited out one of my played household's sims to a festival lot. I said, wait a minute. Now I know he doesn't have not one musical bone in his body and I've played that household to know that he shouldn't have had a guitar or a violin either. Yet somehow, he knew how to play both fluently. I don't like this new implement of giving random sims items they don't have and skills that they don't have in order to fulfill an event. It should only work for sims who have those items in their inventory and have that skill to match.
Message 22 of 50 (1,941 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i'm having the same problem and it's really bad right now because my sims just had a baby and she doesn't look after it. just wants to play instruments, use the computer, and almost anything OTHER than see to the baby's needs. 

can we get this fixed ASAP?

Message 23 of 50 (1,908 Views)

Re: NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

★★★★★ Novice

I had the NAP active in Willow Creek and then moved to Windenburg, where no NAPs are active yet, but the problem persists, especially with the Sim that joined my household...

Message 24 of 50 (1,813 Views)

Randomly breaking out into violin/guitar

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? The sims4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the game packs and expansion packs and most of the stuff packs expect for 3
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It only started happening when I got eco lifestyle, but my sims will randomly start playing the guitar or the violin or do something which is out of my control. she has an obsession with talking in the mirror. I never tell them to play the instrument, and we do not even own the guitar or violin! It drives me nuts because she will do it in the middle of conversations and it will stop my conversation or whatever she is trying to do. Only the sim that I am controlling is doing it. I always update and repair my game every time I go on. I am losing it a little bit! We do not even own a guitar or violin she has no skill for it either. I turned off the automatic control in the settings, and she still does it!
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim I am controlling will randomly start playing the guitar or violin, the instrument comes out of thing air, and she will play it like a level 10 skill when she has no skill. This only started happening after I downloaded eco lifestyle, because it was working completely fine, and I do have CC but I always check if its broken or not.
What do you expect to see? I try to tell my sim to do something and will randomly play an instrument or go talk in the mirror when I do not want her too, its like she completely goes out of control for a few minutes. I will show pictures, its hard to explain!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded eco lifestyle expansion pack.

My sim was in the middle of a conversation with my other sim, and she randomly breaks out into violin and I have never even seen this violin in the game before. 

Message 25 of 50 (1,776 Views)

Re: Randomly breaking out into violin/guitar

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

adding more photos

Message 26 of 50 (1,766 Views)

Re: Performing arts N.A.P prevents sim from working

★★★ Newbie

I posted a thread and no one answered it. My people are stuck on "at work" even tho theyre not at work

Message 27 of 50 (1,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. The NAP doesn't include the entertainment issue, my sim doesn't own a violin nor is he any good at it, but ask him to sit down at the computer and he'll bust out a violin within seconds. This is rather game breaking.

Message 28 of 50 (1,646 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. My college students are going nuts. I cant keep them on any tasks. It seems my only recourse is to uninstall EL? None of the neighborhoods I have lived in have any NAP so far. Frown 

Message 29 of 50 (1,601 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Cause i been having the same issues and it's so annoying as my sim is in university as well and keep stopping her term papers etc to play the violin or guitar she don't even own any. 

Message 30 of 50 (1,511 Views)