Re: Performing arts N.A.P prevents sim from working

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

Hero
@dragancaor When you saw this pre-pack, is this your active household or just any NPC in the neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 50 (3,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They do go to work. They just don't perform any interactions - my sim will be working at her computer and before she finishes, she will get up and play violin autonomously (I have autonomy off, no instruments in her inventory). This happens every single time. She also will not walk her dog, cook food, etc., she just stops everything to play after Eco Lifestyle/the Performing Arts N.A.P happened.

I saw that this user is also having the same problem.

Message 11 of 50 (3,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem, except it literally goes out of worlds. After the Performing Arts N.A.P was enacted by NPCs, my sim would not stop playing violin/guitar; nothing in her inventory, no skill gain, I have autonomy off, etc.

Moving the sim out of the neighborhood doesn't do any good either. This is after the Eco Lifestyle/patch. I think EA has some patchwork to do.

Message 12 of 50 (3,068 Views)

Hero
@xjosh666 I'm merging this with the general interaction obsession cause of NAP thread. Haven't merged the other thread yet as there was a user they had it pre-pack.

The system seems a bit flawed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 50 (3,200 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict whoops. No, not NPC.  This was my main household. 

They'd drop queues, stop eating midway through a meal, get up from the toilet half finished, to get their violins out.... & would play ones they shouldn't even be able to. Two kids, YA, & Adult

Message 14 of 50 (3,180 Views)

Sims randomly playing instruments which disrupts other actions

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to work, Get together, Seasons, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard stuff, bowling night, Kids Room stuff, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Galmour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure but bug first started appearing when playing in Evergreen Harbour.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims (played and NPC) will pull out a guitar or violin and play a few chords on it before putting it away. It happens a lot and overrides whatever other action they were meant to be doing (my sims actually get off the toilet to play the guitar and don't get back on again). My played sims do not have a guitar or violin in their inventory when this happens
What do you expect to see? Sims should not be randomly playing instruments
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only started happening after I installed Eco Lifestyle game. My sims are currently living on lot Canal Corner

As above

Message 15 of 50 (3,224 Views)

Re: Sims randomly playing instruments which disrupts other actions

★★★★ Apprentice

I just disabled the EL pack, deleted the thumbnailcache, and loaded up my game. Now my sims are not dropping their queue, nor are they playing instruments they don't own. They also (though this is not for this particular bug), no longer dropping and giving me 20 anymore.

Message 17 of 50 (2,888 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with instrument playing

★★★ Novice

Me too.

Happened after eco lifestyle was installed. I had the performing arts NAP and not in my current world at all (Brichester)? there is currently no NAP in place. 

My sim stopped editing her term paper 3 times to play a violin that she never purchased

Message 18 of 50 (2,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

I noticed this issue, also. I’m sorry. I know I’m everywhere on these posts lol but for the first time, I have almost every glitch smh Anyway, my sim traveled to the festival lot where you choose sides, pranksters and something else. It was there that I seen a whole bunch of npcs with a bunch of guitars, playing at the same time. The thing is, the NAP that won, was “self sufficient” I don’t think music falls into that category. It was never mentioned and they have “performing arts” for that.

Message 19 of 50 (2,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Whats appaulding it that they can ignore orders to stop and play an instrument and they do NOT have in their inventory and they don't even have of those skill points. So Why are they playing the high-skill melodies as well without a single skill point ?

And now what the point in training my generie Music Lover sims any longer, that have worked so hard for

Since it's everyone's now plays like a professional violinist/guitarist. 

Message 20 of 50 (2,719 Views)