Re: Sims baking cakes all the time.

by girlscantell

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, I have a lot in Sulani where my family unit (1 sim) and 3 housemates live.
Roommates prepare the whole time white cakes and their guests too! The house is filled with uncooked white pies, and nobody takes the food stored in the refrigerator...

I have the base game and all the expansions, the game version is updated to the latest patch. I have never used custom contents and mods.

Message 181 of 250 (1,395 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m deleting eco pack I can’t deal with this.   I am only commenting in case someone comes in with a way to resolve this.   

Message 182 of 250 (1,365 Views)

Sims baking cakes all the time.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by letting them game play. You don't have to do anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are baking cakes, white cakes. They stop what they're doing and go bake a cake. I have had sims wake up to bake cakes, stop eating to bake cakes, stop homework, exercising, gardening, watching tv to bake cakes.
What do you expect to see? Not to bake cakes obsessively.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims are baking cakes, white cakes. They stop what they're doing and go bake a cake. I have had sims wake up to bake cakes, stop eating to bake cakes, stop homework, exercising, gardening, watching tv to bake cakes. I have turned off autonomy. I have tried to reset them. At 15 simoleons a pop, roughly 5 times a day, multiplied by 3 sims, that is 225 simoleons a day they are spending if I dont stop them.

Message 183 of 250 (1,361 Views)

Hero
@SSJTupac The thread on this is still open so I merge this.

Is this on a save that was already affected by the NAPs or did you start a new one ?

As outlined on the first page, there are other causes to this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 184 of 250 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried repealing the NAP's that seem the have possibly caused the issues in the first place, as I had the foodie one and the technology (sims wont stop programming or future cubing)  one in place. I hoped upon repealing both, that the issues including the obsessive baking would stop. I did not have this issue from the start of the Eco Pack. I had the foodies unite in place from the beginning and the baking issue didn't start until a few weeks ago and I was well into playing Eco Living. I would really love a solution to this becuase as it stands now my game is unplayable between the baking, programming and future cube obsession and was disappointed to the find the problem not fixed with the latest July 23rd patch. 

Message 185 of 250 (1,306 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The game, as many have said, is now unplayable. I haven't had these issues when I started playing with Eco, but my sims now won't stop baking cakes. There are no action plans in place that would explain the strange behavior. Activities I've assigned them keep disappearing on their queue, and next thing I know the counter is full of cakes, yet they're starving because they won't stop to actually eat. I'm giving up on playing until this is resolved and am subscribing to this thread to see when it does actually get fixed. 

Message 186 of 250 (1,275 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Marina_Pearl79 Deleting it worked so it looks to be the only way to make it stop. If you are on PS4 and want to delete eco pack you have to delete sims 4 and reinstall all packs individually. It took me an hour but it was worth every minute. I’m not even gonna bother trying to get my $ back.
Message 187 of 250 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just feel like after paying $40 USD for an expansion pack that's so hyped, we shouldn't have to track down what the mysterious issue is nor wait over a month for a fix.

I checked in yesterday - everyone is still in fact baking constant white cakes, or getting glasses of water. Awful.

ETA I only really play one family regularly, and both of the adults have level 10 cooking and level 8-10 baking skill. They both still make white cake, so that dispels the idea that they'll eventually start making other stuff too.

Message 188 of 250 (1,145 Views)

★★ Novice

They won't stop! They will stop Wht they're doing to make cakes. I noticed visitors with my house key would and than after n.a.p my sims won't stop making cakes. I created a new game but with the same sims. 

Message 189 of 250 (1,071 Views)

Re: Sims cook on their own despite Free Will being off

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as well. I find that whenever sims come over to my home - not a dorm that they will keep getting quick meals from my fridge (cereal, chips, sandwiches) and thats all they do while they are there. I am pretty sure that my neighbourhood does not have the Foodies Unite N.A.P active. 

I had the same issue when I had my sim living in the dorms. I actually went and renovated each dorm so that there were no fridges or mini-fridges available and that there was a university food vendor present. By some strange force some of the NPCs were still getting quick meals and leaving them everywhere even though there was no fridge available. 

It's really just kind of irritating to have to go around and keep cleaning up plates of food. 

I also have had NPCs come to my home and just keep baking white cake. Sometimes they come inside my home without being invited in. 

The same sim that I have been playing with in the dorms and home - also has been stopping actions to do push-ups, stretch, and invite sims to fake party. He's becoming quite miserable for my other sim because he keeps making her cry every time he invites her to a fake party. I turned off the free will setting and he still cancels actions to do push-ups. He does not have the active trait. 

Message 190 of 250 (1,021 Views)