Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by zoiee2020

Original Post

★★ Guide

Same here. Even after legit repealing the foodie NAP (not cheating, but going through the in-game repeal process) the obsession for white cakes and grabbing water glasses continues.

Amusingly, one of the visiting sims had Wellness 5 and baked a sugar-free carob cake instead.

Message 101 of 250 (1,100 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I went through each neighborhood in each town and cheat-deleted all active NAPs and that seems to have solved the problem right away. There were a couple of neighborhoods with the foodie NAP. I'm not sure how NAPs are assigned autonomously -- some neighborhoods I have not played since installing the pack had active NAPs while others did not, including a neighborhood I had been playing. 

I also have both of the Eco Living options unchecked in the Options menu to prevent voting. I still get a message each Friday and Monday saying voting is open or closed and I even got one message saying that one had been enacted but when I checked the mailbox nothing was active. (Besides, with the options turned off no one can vote so how could anything be approved?)

For the first time since installing Eco Living it feels like I have the good old Sims 4 back, with the exception of the June 3rd patch issues with child and toddler skills. Such a relief! 

Message 102 of 250 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m glad that seemed to work for you! I did that yesterday and even restarted my game and it still didn’t work . So I’m going to attempt to turn off autonomous cooking for now as my last resort until this is fixed . Because like you said it feels like the good old sims 4 is back, this issue has been awful 

Message 103 of 250 (1,159 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I feel your pain. NPCs practically cleaned out my house because of the Sharing is Caring NAP. I foolishly went through the actual repeal process of waiting until Friday, getting the five signatures, then waiting until Monday for voting to end, only to have the Foodie NAP voted into action at the same time! This, in addition to the exercise NAP that had everyone flopping on the ground doing pushups and sit ups. Trying to watch a movie was like watching musical chairs.

Anyway, good luck! Is there any chance deleting the townies would help?

Message 104 of 250 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Thistle1414 I'm not finding that it gets rid of the bugged behavior at all, but you can insta-repeal N.A.P.s by shift-clicking a mailbox with testing cheats enabled ("testingcheats true" in the cheats console). 

Message 105 of 250 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I see this issue got reported a few weeks ago .... but as you can see in the picture, its still going on. 

Did all the EA employees get the month off? 

Still no hot fix?????? 

No mods. N.A.P's disabled 

Affects 2 out of 4 of the households sims. Oddly enough, the other 2 sims in the house seem unaffected either than 

running behind a throwing out all the spoiled cakes. 

Guess we'll just delete the fridge for now so the house stops stinking like rotten cake. 

Message 106 of 250 (1,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. The only difference is that I use mods and when I took the mods out they keep going to the refrigerator for drinks. You are having the same issue with mods though so it is possible it has something to do with the game. 

Message 107 of 250 (1,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimonSofa No it is only in the kitchen from the refrigerator.
Message 108 of 250 (1,063 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stop eating and cook all the time

★★★★ Novice
@IslaRoses The actual sims I play with keep making cakes. They aren't even hungry.
Message 109 of 250 (1,072 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stop eating and cook all the time

★★★★★ Novice

So I went ahead and used MCC to disable autonomous cooking . Honestly I’ve had MCC for years and never used this feature before so I’m amazed . After I did that, they kept autonomously getting quick meals to eat instead so basically I ended up disabling almost anything that can be done with the fridge ; cooking , getting quick meals, getting drinks, cooking gourmet food . Anyways that seemed to work, I usually just have my sims cook anyways and I send them to cook so this won’t bother me, in fact it’ll be better because I won’t have so many people in the kitchen . 

Message 110 of 250 (1,019 Views)