Re: Sims cook on their own despite Free Will being off

by EnkiSchmidt

Original Post

Strange Group Behaviour

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a group meeting
What happens when the bug occurs? random (?) obessive group activities which are not part of the normal group activities. In one group Sims are continuously trying and abandoning to bake white cake. In another group there are friendly brawls all the time, in yet another group members (but visitors too) brew those herbal potions from the Outdoors add on
What do you expect to see? normal group activities, no obsessive behaviour
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. appeared after Eco Lifestyle

xx

Message 10 of 250 (5,785 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@crinrict No, club meetings do not do that. Only motive desperation overrides Free Will Off (that's why I specifically mentioned that my sims were not hungry. If hunger had been red, them cooking on their own would have been normal.)

I do not think that the neighborhood flavors should be allowed to negate our choice of what setting we want to play the game on.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 250 (5,689 Views)

Re: Strange Group Behaviour

Hero
@Tahemet I'm merging your thread with the current master thread on this.

It seems related to the N.A.P

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 250 (5,748 Views)

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt To me it seems the whole system is a bit broken and I think it ties into the other reports: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-stop-eating-and-cooke-all-the-time/td-p/91781...

I would like to merge yours although it's specifically about free will off.
Reason being cause people will just me too this thread without really reading that it's specifically about me too and the more me toos we get on the other thread, the better.

To me, it's the same system and it needs to be looked into to fix.

I personally never play with free will off so I can't say how it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 250 (5,680 Views)

Re: Strange Group Behaviour

★★ Novice

My sims are doing this too! It's making the game almost unplayable. I'm tired of my houses being littered with white cake ingredients. The autonomy for that needs to be turned down significantly.

Message 14 of 250 (5,693 Views)

autonomous baking cake bug

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion backs, most game packs besides dine out and strangerville, all stuff packs besides my first pet, fitness stuff, bowling stuff, backyard stuff, kids stuff,spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio, and luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims keep trying to bake cakes. It seems to happen every couple of minutes in real time. They usual don't finish the cake, just start it and leave it and start a new one. Also, furniture on my lot keeps disappearing.
What happens when the bug occurs? This stops the sims from doing anything else
What do you expect to see? Randomly, the sims autonomously start baking a cake
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this issued started after the june patch

djq

Message 15 of 250 (5,700 Views)

Re: autonomous baking cake bug

Hero
@lilprosecco I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 250 (5,674 Views)

Champion

I'm not sure, the issues seem different to me. I do not experience any of the other problems (like sims stopping to eat or grilling a lot) and none of my neighborhoods that do not have Foodies unite! is affected. But if you think my problem is a subset of a larger issue, then go on and merge. (I'm the opposite of you, I have close to zero experience with free willed sims and cannot tell what is normal and what potentially might be a bug from reading those other reports.)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 250 (5,630 Views)

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt I just think that the N.A.Ps are pushing Sims do do things extensively (active, NPCs, free will, no free will) and it's a larger problem at hand.

I'm going to go ahead and merge your thread but will make sure to point out that free will is also affected.

Once they patch the larger issue and you still have issues, you can always create a new thread.

Does that sound fine for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 250 (5,617 Views)

Bess won't stop baking cakes

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Kids Stuff, Laundry Day, Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure - play a house with more than one sime and observe sims not actively selected?
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim keeps baking white cakes over and over.
What do you expect to see? Sim not to repeatedly bake white cakes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, plus installed Eco Lifestyle

I've been playing the Sterling Rico household, and whenever I have Jules selected, Bess bakes white cakes. She will finish baking one cake and immediately start baking another. I don't see how it could be related to a Neighborhood Action Plan, so must be a bug?

Message 19 of 250 (5,866 Views)