Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Several causes, see below
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will cook food non-stop and bake mostly white cake
What do you expect to see? No obsession with cooking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Eco but there were reports around before

Symptoms of this Issue

Most of these mechanisms are intended features, they just don't work very well and are excessive.

1. NPCs come into my house and cook or bake (mainly white cake)
  2. My active Sims drop everything and cook over and over without actually eating or sometimes finish cooking, free will settings are overridden
  3. Roommates cook and bake white cake over and over
  4. During club meetings the Sims only bake white cake

Causes

• [ECO] If any neighborhood in all of your worlds has the Foodies Unite N.A.P in act, this will be applied to all the Sims that visit your neighborhood, causing them to wanting to cook and bake  (NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs) --> This was fixed .. BUT .. see below
    • Some Roommates have hidden traits that push them to bring food. It's possible that if not in dorms that makes them make food instead
    • If you have a club rule that has cooking as club rule, that's what they do.
    • [ECO] Happens mostly for rotational game players and existing saves that were affected before this patch. Suggestions for solutions can be found here: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims

Why White Cake ?

• Seems there's a push to make dessert. Unfortunately, at level 1 you can only make white cake, so that's what Sims with low cooking skill will do. Once they get higher, they should start making other things.

Related Threads

More detailed info also in my blog: Neighborhood Action Plans: Sims obsessed with doing specific interactions over and over

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 250 (49,991 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

Hero

We spent some time tasting… I mean… monitoring yes, Sims’ behavior in regards to Cooking and Baking Cakes pretty much non stop. We managed to correct said behavior, but hopefully, we won’t lose access to the delicious goods.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

So, they claim to have fixed this .. I checked on the broken stuck commodities and they do SEEM fixed in the short test I made so far. Even on existing Sims.

There's still cooking obsession probably but in these cases they are probably now more feedback than a bug.

• Active NAP in your hood
  • Roommates with the hidden cooking trait
  • Club Meetings.

If it's still really out of hand, please create a new thread. It's best if we have a thread for each of these.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 250 of 250 (30,692 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stop eating and cook all the time

★ Guide

Hi @DariusLupus ,

After the latest patch I had this same issue too, particularly when I was playing with Tina Tinker household from the Eco Lifestyle Pack.

Tina Tinker would always want to bake white cake and will always stop eating her meals halfway. Debugging (reset) seems not to work to fix this problem.

Apparently I resolved this issue by save & exit and then restart back the game. After that, Tina Tinker seems to return back to normal at that time.

No similar issue encountered when I played with Greenburg household for 2 hours.

My guess is that some interaction or item in the game could have triggered this bug after the patch or Eco Lifestyle installation.

Message 1 of 250 (51,984 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict this is the example of this bug whereby the Sim will stop eating and cook another dish.

As you can see in the snapshot, Bess Sterling (female Sim from Eco Lifestyle) put away her dish on the table and proceed to cook another dish at the grill.

Message 2 of 250 (51,949 Views)

Hero
@Hamsysincy Do you have Eco ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 250 (50,191 Views)

Sims cook on their own despite Free Will being off

Champion

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.124.1029
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Seasons, Realm of Magic and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enact the Foodies unite! NAP in a a neighborhood. Turn off free will. Wait and see the sims cook on their own.
What happens when the bug occurs? Free will is off, but my sims bake cakes on their own. Their hunger bar is green. (I assume this is related to the Foodies Unite! NAP that is in effect in the neighborhhod, but even so Free Will off should mean exactly that.)
What do you expect to see? My sims not to cook anything on their own when Free Will is off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Eco Lifestyle.

(nothing else)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 250 (50,144 Views)

Re: Sims cook on their own despite Free Will being off

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt I guess the NAP overwrites the free will.

If you have a club meeting, does that not overwrite free will ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 250 (50,127 Views)

Re: Sims cook on their own despite Free Will being off

★★ Guide

I am having similar issues, but  more complex. 

1. My sims keep getting Quick Meals. This first started while in a dorm and as I haven't played much in dorms I thought maybe it was normal. But all the roommates would go get quick meals, and then leave them scattered everywhere. They'd start to eat one and go get another. They did this even though the fridge was fully of yummy foods like lobster tortellini. I actually had to hire a butler to live in the dorm to keep up with the constant mess (and it wasn't enough, so I added a maid). 

2. I moved them out of the dorm because one of them got pregnant. Now living in Newcrest, they are still getting quick meals. Notably they keep getting breakfast burritos and microwave dinners. BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE A MICROWAVE. So I don't even know how that's possible. 

3. When they stop eating the quick meal, they keep trying to make cakes! So far it's always been a white cake. Obviously this couldn't happen in the dorm since they can't have stoves there. But they won't even finish it. They'll start making it and then stop, and the cutting boards pile up. 

The Foodies Unite NAP is NOT active in Newcrest currently, nor was it in the dorm, so that is NOT the cause. 

Message 6 of 250 (50,143 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  yes i have Eco

Message 7 of 250 (50,219 Views)

Sim autonomously baking a lot of cakes all the time

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living stuff, moschino stuff, laundry day, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim and a kitchen with autonomy on
What happens when the bug occurs? One sim autonomously bakes white cakes constantly. Sometimes beginning multiple cakes and leaving them on the counter. Baking so many cakes
What do you expect to see? My sim should rarely, if ever, autonomously make cakes, and not make a new one if there is leftovers in the fridge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed eco living

only happens with one sim in my household of 2. Began in apartment in Evergreen Harbor, but still occurs after moving to Sulani.  Read that it might be a weird interaction because of NAPs but I had a roommate sim before who also made a ton of cakes before Eco Lifestyle came out so maybe not.  Attached is a picture of all the cakes

Message 8 of 250 (50,212 Views)

Re: NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

★★ Guide

@thedocproc25 Yeah, it's super frustrating for sure. I keep having would be white cakes everywhere lol... 

Message 9 of 250 (50,045 Views)