Re: [OPEN] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

by kreatora

Original Post

Hero (Retired)
Strange, I visited by two days bars and Spa to confirm what you write here and nothing similar in my game didn't happen. I do not know what this phenomenon depends on. I can only say that I have 16 GB of RAM and almost no programs in the background so the game has no memory limit and can use it to control the NPC.
Message 41 of 49 (1,823 Views)

★★ Pro

This isn't a simulation lag issue. In fact, in my game, it's really strange because I sent my household to a pool/park (lot works either way, but I was using it as a pool then) and Sims were socializing like usual. And the park was full of Sims with a club gathering going on.

Yet, I send some Sims to a bar or cafe and there's no socializing happening that's not encouraged by me. It's just weird. I don't know if it has something to do with specific behavior types on certain lots or what's going on.

Message 42 of 49 (1,750 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

★★★★ Guide
I'm seeing this to
Message 43 of 49 (1,698 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

★★★ Novice
Same for me and still going (which makes playing a significantly less enjoyable experience than before). As OP wrote: It started with Seasons.
Message 44 of 49 (1,653 Views)

★ Novice

this is still happening months later. literally unplayable

Message 45 of 49 (1,585 Views)

★ Guide

Here are two more videos demonstrating the before and after of sims interaction with each other.

I recorded this back in 2014 when TS4 was released. As you can see the sims are lively, interacting, watching TV, and doing other stuff.

In this video which was recorded the other day you can see that sims are not interacting. I am using mod that helps to get sims interacting but it only works in some places. Also, if a TV is in a community lot they will not interact at all even with the mod until you remove the TV as shown in the video. Based on the types of lots I have tested, the mod works for restaurants and bars that don't have a TV, but the sims still don't seem to be interacting in parks and coffee shops. I'm not sure how well it works with the other lots that I haven't tested. The mod can be found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16790447/#Comment_16790447

Message 46 of 49 (1,504 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I can only add that this problem does not occur in my bowling alley or SPA and even in my bars. Another thing is that I always add a "social" and "romantic" trait to all public buildings
Message 47 of 49 (1,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just tested out the November, 13th, 2018 patch and it looks like the non-interactive sims bug has been fixed. Not only that, they also fixed a ton of other bugs including sims not swimming. I just want to say thank you very much to the TS4 team and gurus for their hard work and effort put into this patch. Also, thank you for the new features such as the first person view and the terrain tools, awesome stuff!

This topic can be marked as fixed!

Message 48 of 49 (8,522 Views)

Hero

• It seems our Sims went through a phase of being introverted; please excuse them. They’ve resumed socializing in Cafes, Bars, and Lounge venues.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

@rjssim I'm really happy to hear it's working for you. I know you felt strongly about this so you're words are truly appreciated. I've forwarded your post to QA cause I know they appreciate the thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 49 (1,376 Views)