by autylou

Original Post

[OPEN] Woohoo interaction greyed out for romantic partners

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for High School All Game packs except for Starwars various stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying it yourselves with new sims and ones that have been played before the gender update. Male/female relationships
What happens when the bug occurs? After setting gender preferences, and sims asking each other what their preferences are; Male/ female romantic relationships can only go so far. WH option is greyed out because it says that the sim is not interested in WH with the other sim ...even if they already have a romantic relationship or married and the settings have been changed in CAS correctly. It doesn't matter if they are well-established Sims that have been played before the gender update or new Sims. Some can't even form a romantic relationship at all even though the settings are all correct.
What do you expect to see? Grayed-out woohoo options or hardly any romantic options for established romantic sims or no romantic options at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It is after the latest update.

There aren't any other details other than what I already explained. I really think this update was unnecessary since sims could have relationships or not have relationships with anyone as they wanted to in the first place without having to change any preferences and settings in CAS. I understand the marketing standpoint, and I don't descriminate; but I think it was a part of the game that really didn't need any updates or fixing. I have read in many different places that I am not the only person who is having the same gameplay issue.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (23,844 Views)

Re: Sims being rejected in romantic relationships after July 2022 update.

Hero
@autylou Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (23,776 Views)

Re: Sims being rejected in romantic relationships after July 2022 update.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@autylouSo in that update there is now the option for "sextual orientation " I wanted my sim to be with a girl and she denied him, and then I couldn't do any romantic interactions. I did a little research and was able to fix the lol problem by editing her Cas in full edit mode and changing her sexual orientation to both.

Message 3 of 10 (22,304 Views)

Teenaged Sims ALWAYS fail when flirting

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? >Have a teenaged sim > Try and flirt with ANY other teenaged sim > fail 100% of the time > sim says "im just not interested in you" and FOREVER GREYS OUT ALL ROMANCE OPTIONS. FOREVER.
What happens when the bug occurs? - sim attempting the flirting does NOT have any anti-social traits. They have party animal and the outgoing one and the life of the party aspiration! They are literally designed TO MAKE FRIENDS. I have tried spamming social bunny and getting their relationship bar to 100 percent and THEN trying, still fails. I have loaded and reloaded my save at least 15 times trying to get a prom date. I have tried multiple sims. I have even cheated their relationship status to full and i am STILL at a 100% rejection rate. The target sim will even ASK ME to prom, then immediately turn down all advances. Them turning me down, again, FOREVER GREYS OUT THE OPTIONS FOR ROMANCE.
What do you expect to see? Failure to flirt, followed by PERMANENT rejection. I have literally made this dude 4 custom girlfriends, every single one of them has turned him down at full love bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

List of attempted fixes:

-Cheating relationship to full

-making the target sim playable and trying to flirt with the female sim

- changing EVERY sexual preference to fit the target sim EXACTLY

- cheating their relationship to 'very flirty' just before the interaction

- cheating their relationship bar to full, just before the interaction

- getting both friendship and relationship to full by cheating

- getting the relationship bar to full through social media (i cant use direct interactions, i will get rejected)

- getting both the friendship and relationship bar to full organically 

- cas-editing the target sims traits to flirty and romantic, all the 'flirty' traits

not a single one of these worked. I tried ALL OF THEM on 4 different females. 

Message 4 of 10 (14,661 Views)

Re: Teenaged Sims ALWAYS fail when flirting

★ Novice
@imen1122 I meant to say "cheating their emotion to 'very flirty' but i said 'relationship' on the last part, oops.
Message 5 of 10 (14,637 Views)

Hero
@imen1122 I merged your thread with another thread on this. OP has never sent me their save so would you send me yours ?

Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (14,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict 

Sure,

how do i do that? I'm not familiar with this forum. I created an account to submit this because it broke my game :/ im not sure what the protocol here is, or how to access a "signature" sorry Frown

Edit: i figured it out, sorry for being dumb, gimme a minute. I do have CC, but it is only hair/clothes, i disabled everything else in my troubleshooting. It doesnt have gameplay changes, i just reallllllly hate sims default hair texture. I can send you the hair and outfit cc i have if you need them, but i figured it shouldn't have any impact. 

Message 7 of 10 (14,534 Views)

EA Sims Team
Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 8 of 10 (14,037 Views)

Hi @imen1122 have you checked the sexual orientation settings in CAS for the sims involved?

Message 9 of 10 (13,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This problem is still affecting me and it's August. I can't even get sims I put in the game to date my sim half the time because the aren't interested. Should this still be a problem?

Message 10 of 10 (4,837 Views)