[FIXED] Sims Won't Finish Meal If Finish Drink First

by LuisLTPG

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims Won't Finish Meal If Finish Drink First

★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue no matter what save i play on.

Message 21 of 31 (1,266 Views)

Sims no longer able to drink & have a meal at the same time

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but kits & batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to drink & eat at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims very often only eat until they finish the drink, and then place the plate of food down without eating it further.
What do you expect to see? Sims once again being able to drink & eat at the same time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This came with one of the recent patches. This is easiest to see in a restaurant, all npc customers foods will despawn half eaten. They eat a few bites, finish their drink, and then drop the eating from their que. Same happens to all played sims if I try to have them drink while having a meal.

Message 22 of 31 (1,238 Views)

★★ Pro
@LuisLTPG "If the Sim finishes their drink first, they'll stop eating and clean up the glass and forget about the half-eaten meal."

The only exception I have noticed is in a restaurant if the wait-staff takes the finished drink away quickly enough. Then, the active Sim and NPC guest will continue eating. (Other NPCs seem to continue eating until done there as well.)

Maybe because they don't get the urge to clean up the glass themselves?

Just mentioning it in case it will help the devs isolate and fix the bug more quickly.
Message 23 of 31 (1,214 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Zipped lips My temporal solution is let my Sim take 3 bites on the food then click the drink, It is irritating but the only solution.

Message 24 of 31 (1,159 Views)

★ Guide

How can it be that after so long this continues to happen? The only way to fix it that I found was to use a mod that corrects it, but obviously it should not be like that. Frown

Message 25 of 31 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@elysevilla Can you tell me what the mod is? I also need it. Thank you Standard smile
Message 26 of 31 (1,078 Views)

★ Guide
@sinbahiba "Finish eating restaurant", by Bienchen mods, has always worked very well for me, but now since the last patch I have noticed that they take too long to eat, they drink fast, they talk and finally they finish their food, it works, although as I say they take longer now, but of course it is much better than without mod, because they will never eat!
Message 27 of 31 (1,048 Views)

★ Guide

This is still occuring in my game and it's so frustrating.. They don't finish meals if they have drink first 😑

Message 28 of 31 (977 Views)

★★ Guide

This is also occurring to me most of the time when my sims eat at restaurants. After they finish their drink, I have to click on them to eat their food just so they finish it. 

Message 29 of 31 (950 Views)

Dine Out- Sims stop eating

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims go out to eat. Order food. Sims will start eating the food but then stop. You can make your playable sim(s) resume eating but NPCs will never resume. It's been an issue for a long time. I saw another post on this but it was from 2019.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stop eating ordered dishes.
What do you expect to see? Sims should complete their meal, unless of course they don't like the food or something. I shouldn't have to prompt my playable sim(s) to continue eating and others should not stop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Described above

Message 30 of 31 (841 Views)