[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Sims walking 10 miles (in the snow) to find the best sink

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

In case this information is helpful to anyone, there is a mod you can use to specify which sinks should be used for dishwashing. 

(removed mod link, lets keep these links out of the forum) - Atic

Message 11 of 36 (2,570 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. PC platform, but the problem is identical. After 1.63 patch, children are obsessed by washing dishes (no matter how many) in the most faraway sink. There is a dishwasher (empty) and even the sink in the kitchen, but they want to go to other floor or somewhere else to wash. Shocked

The adult sims and teen do it more seldom, but the problem exists with them too.

I deleted all the sinks for the time being. It drives me crazy.

Message 12 of 36 (2,533 Views)

Champion

A possibly related problem: I built a big house for one of my families after they got rich, and since it was so big I put in a mini kitchen for them upstairs. Now the kid will do his homework on the upstairs deck, and when I tell him to get leftovers - by clicking on that upstairs fridge - he will spend a Sim hour walking past that fridge and down the stairs to the first floor on the opposite side of the house to go to the main kitchen by the front door to get food out of that fridge. But if he comes home from school hungry and I try to send him to that downstairs kitchen, he’ll insist on going to the upstairs one. And then yes, wherever he eats, he’ll take his dishes to the other kitchen’s sink. The parents do this sometimes too, but not as often... though they do seem to get confused about which bathroom to use sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 13 of 36 (2,492 Views)

Sink bug!

★★★ Newbie

My sims will literally walk pass the kitchen sink, all the way to the bathroom sink on the second floor just to wash dishes. 
is there a way to make “kitchen only” sinks, or fix this issue to disallow sims from ignoring the nearest sink? 

Message 14 of 36 (2,451 Views)

Re: Sink bug!

Hero
@xo_hb I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (2,443 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I thought it was just me lol. My kitchen size is 5x7 tiles with the dining table, sink and dishwasher all fairly close to one another. The child just will not use the dishwasher or kitchen sink, they insist on that bathroom sink. It's not a game breaker obviously, though is annoying especially when trying to do other things and they insist on walking to that bathroom. I'm playing on the PS4, so mods aren't an option. Maybe I should put a table and chair in the bathroom, let them eat in there too lol.

Message 16 of 36 (2,427 Views)

Re: Sims marchant 10 miles (dans la neige) pour trouver le meilleur évier

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

CM Edit: English on the English Boards please. 

Message 17 of 36 (2,383 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 36 (2,343 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper A quick fix is to put the expensive standing sink (not inside cabinet) in the kitchen and the cheapest one in all the bathrooms. A bathroom sink in the kitchen looks awful but it works.
Message 19 of 36 (2,307 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

★★★★ Apprentice

OMG Me too! lol It drives me nuts. I have all the DLC but it's been doing this since way before all that and my sims would ONLY use the sink to wash dishes or do anything as long as it was THE FURTHEST ONE AWAY FROM THEM. lol! It takes so much time because I have a big house and if I wanted them to do something else on the same floor they have to go AAAALLL the way back upstairs again ugh haha

Message 20 of 36 (2,259 Views)