[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

by Babolat85

Original Post

Re: Sim uses sink in bathroom even if bathroom is being used

★★ Pro
@itchyeye021 Are there any cabinets, appliances, shelves, pot racks, or hanging lights over your kitchen sink and dishwasher?
Message 31 of 57 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Novice

There wasn't any blocking my sims. Just to be sure, I remove everything from the kitchen and only placed a refrigerator, counter with the most expensive sink, and stove. My sims still preferred the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink. Maybe there should be a patch to make sims used the kitchen sink and dishwasher to wash dishes and the bathroom sink for personal hygiene?  

Message 32 of 57 (1,893 Views)

★★ Pro
@itchyeye021 If you tell your sims to wash hands in kitchen sink, will they do that?
Message 33 of 57 (1,891 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try that the next time I play the sims 4. 

Message 34 of 57 (1,882 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Have it happening as well. I thought this was fixed 😅

My Sim bought a penthouse and constantly uses bathroom sink instead of kitchen sink, even though it is right in front of it. Always does is when the dishwasher is not available. Her bf does the same, as shown on the picture.

In the previous apartment, she also used the sink in the bathroom upstairs in stead of the one in the kitchen...🤣 (already tried everything suggested in the thread, everything works, nothing is blocking anything)

09-13-21_7-04-39 PM.png

Message 35 of 57 (1,805 Views)

Sims decide to use far away sink rather than close kitchen sink/dishwasher

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim eat at an island or kitchen table, in my case it was at the toasty kotatsu table.
What happens when the bug occurs? They'll go either all the way across the house to go to a bathroom sink, or to the one upstairs and I'm using platform stairs so it always takes them a bit and it's kind of annoying.
What do you expect to see? My sim use the kitchen sink or dishwasher which are right there in the vicinity of the island counter and the table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been playing this household for a while now, and every time they clean a dish whether its automatically or because I told them to, they will go to the sink across the house or the one upstairs. It's happened every single time I've done it so I'm unsure if at some points they might use it? I doubt it. But yes, I made sure the sink is functional as I've had my sims wash their hands or brush their teeth in it when I told them to.

My gallery name is Sindel910 and my build was the Kosetsu Tani (Functional) build. The other Kosetsu Tani was uploaded when I finished it in build mode so I obviously hadn't tested it out. So of course choose the functional one.

Message 36 of 57 (1,763 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this will help but I found that if there was only one tile between the dishwasher and, say, the dinning chair, the sims will not use the dishwasher and will opt for the closest sink. 

Message 37 of 57 (1,732 Views)

★ Apprentice
With me there’s a while that this isn’t happening, but since the spa day refresh my sims keep going far to put away the food in the masks fridge, and I think this has to be same algorithm problem
Message 38 of 57 (1,688 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think this was ever fixed. Happens since years. I just saw it yesterday myself. 3 story apartment and the Sim walks from 1st floor to 3rd floor bathroom to wash 1 cup. Nothing is broken or blocking the other sinks.

Message 39 of 57 (1,653 Views)

Sims won't do dishes in the kitchen

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim eat or clean dirty dishes
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims go to the bathroom to wash dishes even though they have a kitchen sink and dishwasher
What do you expect to see? Sims us kitchen appliances to wash dishes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims go to the bathroom to wash dishes even though they have a kitchen sink and dishwasher

Message 40 of 57 (1,488 Views)