[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

by Babolat85

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

Hero
@DDWard1972 Guess I need to re-test then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 57 (1,329 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Can confirm this has been happening to me as well, sims even foregoing the use of dishwashers for sinks. Seem to recall this being an issue a few years ago.

Message 12 of 57 (1,310 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue but also I'm noticing it the other way around too!!!

I moved in to 2-4-3 Wakabamori and it was really noticeable there as the kitchen sink, the toilet and bathroom sink are very close and I've not just noticed Sims wash dishes in the bathroom sink, but Sims that have just used the toilet are using the kitchen sink to wash their hands!  Not nice.

It has also happened on the same lot with a different build on and a different lot with a Teen and a Young Adult.

Message 13 of 57 (1,296 Views)

Hero
@Hroun_88 They supposingly fixed it in Patch 1.68.154 .. except not really.

Hence new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 57 (1,290 Views)

★ Guide

Honestly, before the Nov2020 update that claimed to fix this, this was not a problem for me at all. But it is a problem now!

Message 15 of 57 (1,275 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I wonder if they accidentally did the "IF..." the wrong way round? Sounds like it. At least they used to use a random sink, now it sounds like they're specifically seeking out a bathroom sink.
Message 16 of 57 (1,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Babolat85its odd because i never had the issue in my game, but since the patch theyve started doing it. id upload a screenshot but my file size 5x too big lol 

Message 17 of 57 (1,214 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same packs as the original poster. The sims will go to the loo to wash the dishes, even if it is the furthest one from the plates. Sometimes, they won't do anything with the dishes and just put them back down again

Message 18 of 57 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here.  Removed all sinks from the ground floor and all sims travel downstairs to the basement bathroom to wash the dishes instead of using a nearby dishwasher.  Bulldozed the lot and rebuilt, with ONLY a kitchen sink and a dishwasher, and they still use the sink.  I like how previous threads were closed because this issue was "fixed" by the Nov. patch.

Message 19 of 57 (1,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is definitely still happening. In a house that I'm currently playing, my Sims, even if they were eating directly in front of the kitchen sink, will try to wash their dirty dishes in the bathroom sink down the hallway. I feel like there should be a button to designate a sink for washing dishes.

Message 20 of 57 (997 Views)