Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.168.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim clean up dishes. It doesn't seem to happen in every house, but this house it's become infuriatingly noticeable.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my sim clean up after eating, or clearing out the fridge. They will dump the leftovers into the trash can, but then make their way to the bathroom sinks, rather than the kitchen sink or dishwasher they were standing right next to.
What do you expect to see? I except them to use the kitchen sink or dishwasher. Especially if it's the closest sink in the house. I expected this to have been fixed given the patch notes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was excited to see that sims should no longer be doing the dishes in the bathrooms, then I noticed it still didn't seem to be working as intended.

I don't think it's been happening in every house since I updated the game, but it's become much more noticeable in this house.

I thought it was something to do with mods, but I tried it on a fresh save with the same house downloaded from the gallery that was built with no Custom Content. 

I put the house in question on my Google Drive, which can be found here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V1Io8zVr3uZ3y0fY_usnibANY4_Jt2JO/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to match the old

Message 1 of 57 (10,496 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

Hero

Sink Assignments
The jig is up for Sims who had a penchant for shoving Harvestfest turkey bones down the drains of those poor, poor bathroom sinks. Starting today, all sinks can now be designated as Kitchen or Bathroom sinks.

'Fixed' in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

I assume that if you have multiple kitchen, the issue can still potentially happen. Make a new thread if it's excessive.

@LadyAofPineapple Sorry, didn't see your question. It's base game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 57 of 57 (1,969 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

Hero
@Babolat85 Do you see it for all age groups still ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 57 (9,692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@Babolat85Do you see it for all age groups still ?

I just tried it again in the same house with a sim from every age group from Child to Elder and they all disappeared off into the bathroom to wash their dishes. 

Tried it in one of the starter lots from Snowy Escape and they didn't seem to go off to bathrooms to clean their dishes.

Message 3 of 57 (9,673 Views)

Hero
@Babolat85 I can see what you mean ... sigh

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 57 (9,636 Views)

★ Guide
@Babolat85 Have you tried deleting the sinks and rebuying them? Maybe they get tagged by the game in some way, but only the ones placed after the patch?
Message 5 of 57 (9,593 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There are two mods that fix this: Scumbumbo's Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop is the one you are looking for. It has been updated recently and is available on Modthesims. You install it and you have the option of selecting Don't use for Dish Washing on any sinls you don't wish Sims to use for washing dishes. There is also Don't Prepare Food Where You Angry Poop where you can click cabinets and choose "do not use for food prep" so that your Sims only use counters you have not given the option to. I know this helps me and it should help you too.

Message 6 of 57 (9,546 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@IngeJones wrote:
@Babolat85Have you tried deleting the sinks and rebuying them? Maybe they get tagged by the game in some way, but only the ones placed after the patch?

Just tried that and they still disappear off to the bathroom. I even thought maybe it was to do with the values of the sinks, so I replaced the bathroom sinks with the cheapest option and the kitchen sink with the most expensive option. Still head off to the bathroom. 

@DDWard1972 I have that mod, but something seems up with some of the houses when I use it. Some of them it works fine, but others I only get the option to "Throw Away" with it installed.

Message 7 of 57 (9,481 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 I was testing this yesterday and then my game crashed (yes, so proud) and didn't go round of reloading the save so question: That doesn't make them use the dishwasher though if you leave the sink in the kitchen on usable, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 57 (9,452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Still seeing this on PS4. Kids through adults walk up flights of stairs to wash dishes on the first or second floors of the houses instead of the Kitchen where they are standing. Seeing the same in multiple houses with multiple sims.

Message 9 of 57 (9,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'm not sure how they use dishwashers with it. My Sims will use the sink if the dishwasher is in use. The important thing to remember with that mod is to only use one of the files from the zip file, not both. I use the default enabled files so I can choose which cabinets or sinks to not use.

Message 10 of 57 (9,411 Views)