Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68)

by PipMenace

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@The_RatticatorWow! This brings back the good old days with the Sims 1. I remember putting AroundtheSims sinks in all of my bathrooms because Sims would not wash dishes in them.

And also being very careful with my floor-plans so that sims would not go to the kitchen sink to wash their hands.

Message 21 of 57 (1,925 Views)

My sims only wash dishes in bathroom sink.

★★★ Novice

My sims won't use the kitchen sink or dishwasher to clean dishes. I removed all cc and the problem is still there. When I removed all bathroom sinks, my sims just pick up plate and then put it back down again. 

Message 22 of 57 (1,926 Views)

Re: My sims only wash dishes in bathroom sink.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@itchyeye021 Hi!  That's really weird.  Where is your kitchen sink?  Is there anything that might be blocking it?  Do your sims get the "cant go" thought bubble and a waving arm? 

CantGo.png

Maybe try moving the kitchen sink to a different spot and see if sims will use it there.

Edit: Actually, I found a bug report that seems similar.  Please check the below link.  If you think it's the same issue, click "me too" on the first post and feel free to add your on comments if you want to.

[OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close (Patch 1.68) - Answer HQ

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 23 of 57 (1,908 Views)

Re: My sims only wash dishes in bathroom sink.

Hero
@itchyeye021 Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 57 (1,877 Views)

Champion
@The_Ratticator The game may not have such a button but this bug was so persistent that I installed the “don’t wash dishes where you angry poop” mod and just routinely disable dishwashing on all sinks except the kitchen one now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 25 of 57 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you all how responded to my post. Although there wasn't anything blocking my sims path, I discovered that when I removed the coffeemaker that was on the counter above the dishwasher, my sim was able to use it. There isn't anything obstructing the sink and they still won't use it. I will try the mod and see what happens. 

Message 26 of 57 (1,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@itchyeye021 Since moving the coffee maker allowed your sims to use the dishwasher, I wonder if you could double check the light fixture above the sink.  There are reported issues of certain lights blocking sims from various things for whatever reason (weird bug I know).  If you do decide to try mods, you'll want to save your game first and maybe try it in a new save, or use "save as", to make sure you don't inadvertently corrupt  your current save.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 27 of 57 (1,827 Views)

Sim uses sink in bathroom even if bathroom is being used

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Dream Home Decorator, Vampires, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the shower, and another sim wash dirty dishes
What happens when the bug occurs? All the time
What do you expect to see? I try to have my sim clean dishes and it will use the bathroom sick even if someone is in the bathroom using it, instead of the sink in the kitchen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim will use the bathroom sink instead of the sink in the kitchen, even when another sim is using the bathroom. The sim will then just leave the plate and not even reroute itself to use a different sink.

Message 28 of 57 (1,809 Views)

Re: Sim uses sink in bathroom even if bathroom is being used

★★★★ Guide

Quick question, is the sink in the bathroom better than the one in the kitchen? I've noticed so many times now that certain objects are used based on the ratings. For example sims will use sinks with a higher hygiene rating over a sink with a lower one, or sims will prefer chairs and seating areas with a higher comfort rating. Try checking the ratings on the sinks, and experiment with putting a better sink in the kitchen than in the bathroom. I had this problem a while back as well, and turns out it was because the bathroom sink was just better and so my sims just preferred that.

Message 29 of 57 (1,790 Views)

Re: Sim uses sink in bathroom even if bathroom is being used

★★★ Novice

I used the cheapest sink in the bathroom. The kitchen sink and dishwasher costed more, plus the were upgraded.

Message 30 of 57 (1,744 Views)