Re: [OPEN] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

Re: Continued issue with grey and unplayable sims

Hero

Hi @spoonlemon 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 177 (2,527 Views)

Re: Continued issue with grey and unplayable sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

As a temporary workaround, I transferred my greyed out households to a separate save. They don't get to socialize with my other characters, but at least I can play them.

However, when I tried transferring all my households, I still had problems. Only transferring some households worked for me.

[Edited by EA_Mai to merge your posts into a single one - @RouenSims remember you can always use the edit option inside the ··· menu in the top right corner of your posts to add information if no one has replied to your post yet]

Message 112 of 177 (2,618 Views)

Hero

@RouenSims 

As you say you never played an active career, could you upload your save game somewhere and PM me the link ? I think you haven't sent me yours yet, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 177 (2,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Guys, I was able to figure out the problem

This corruption is caused by a sim being in the active work state, don't save to gallery in this state, *this appears to be spreadable.[NC]

In order to fix the corruption find the Sim that is on the active lot finish their career or sent them home, this is difficult if you have more than one rotational sim on a active career.  The active career needs to customize the active lot for the particular sim.  So if you can go to the active lot it would most likely crash, or if it didn't you would have no co workers on the lot.  If you get that its not the offending sim look for other households that are at the active work lot.  Finish playing the right sim in the active career lot or send them home early, when the sim gets home the active work lot will unlock all the other households and your sims in the other households will reappear again after the offending sim is returned home.  This is so the game can spawn tourist for the science lab and other active work related venues.  The asperations appear not to work for the sims that don't work that day or sims that are home won't go to school or work, because the game doesn't really realize you switched households in the middle of your workshift.

I am not sure if the bug is only related to the active career lots as they are locked lots which is unreachable by all the other sim households.  The expansion packs I can say that play apart in the bug or corruption is GTW, and GF, you should be ok with the other ones if you don't have though two.

Also as far as the Doctor Career, there is another bug that may be related if you have sim that you saved in the Detective Career or the Medical Career and either of though are active, and you switch households and the sim is pregnant, the sim will arrive at the hospital and no one will be there to delivery the baby, this is because the hospital or the police station is already in use, so pregnancy will reset and you can go home but if you go to the hospital it will reset again.

Note: Its only sims in the active career lot physically there and followed.  I found it on accident because I feel asleep playing sims and I accidently saved my game on the active work lot and almost forgot.  When I remembered I finished playing the offending sim and everything was fine.  Once active sim returns home, you would be able to upload sims to the gallery with no corruption.

Edit; in order to clarify it a little bit Sims that are at work will not return home and sims that are home will not go to school or work.  This is because the game was saved when a sim was on a active work lot and than you closed the program and forgot about it and load another household two, there will be two outcomes the sims will hot spawn on the home lot. even if they say they are home.  or they will spawn on the home lot and refuse to go to work or school and the jobs will reset and not get paid.

Edit2: I thought I would clarify that the spreadable in the gallery, because of people having same problems when using the same households from the infected save in a new save. Especially since the gallery doesn't check where the sims are at in the gameworld before uploading.  the easiest solution would be to disable the gallery on active career lots.

[NC] = Not Comfirmed: Note I have not done any testing on the gallery, but I am assuming though that are using  their families with problems in other save that it could be uploaded to the gallery in that state.  Since there is no check to see if a sim is actually reachable in the game would you could upload a sim household where one sim you forgot was on the active work lot and someone else download it that is new to the game could get the sim corruption that never played before.

Edit3: Might need to write a new bug report because this has a lot more of symtoms that range from strange UI problems to kids refusing to go to school.

It effects every job every family.  I even went to pet clinic with the cat, all seemed fine with the pet workers, however the cat showed up but my sim was there but greyed out and couldn't do anything.  There was something on the menu that said bring sim here, but it took me back to the house instead of bringing the sim there.

Message 114 of 177 (2,574 Views)

Re: Sims stuck in "Take care of self" mode while on home lot after las

★★★ Newbie

This started in my game right before Strangerville and I  have been trying to figure out how to fix it ever since.  I had 4 of 7 households greyed out and unplayable only in Strangerville. I removed mods, repaired game, cleared caches and none of that worked.

Tonight, I evicted one household, changed the lot to something else like an art gallery, went to manage world, and then I click back on that lot and changed it back to residential and moved the household back in.  I was amazed to see that this fixed the issues. It didn't just fix it for that one household, but all of the households with the issue.

Message 115 of 177 (2,517 Views)

Hero
Are you playing any active careers ? Did you leave one of these while they were still at work ?

Did you maybe evict that family that was still at work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 116 of 177 (2,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tested a few save from this thread now and come to different results so there might be more going on.

From the three saves I tested, these are my results:

• 1 save had indeed a Sim from a different household still at the doctor career. The save was also throwing an LE on whatever lot I loaded. Sending that Sim home fixed the issue. Just waiting until the evening, I got a message that said Sim is going home and then reloading the lot also fixed it. That was Save of @Zoebuggie 
  • 2 saves had Sims in active careers being at home while showing still at work. Only way I found for them to come out of work was to quit the job and re-join. That also seems to have fixed the issue for all affected families. @mtmtharden @lizzyrice2 

What you need to do seems to go through all your played Sims that are in active careers and check what they're status is.

Good spot on this @Sid1701d9.. It does def. seem related to active careers but it looks like it can happen in more ways then just switching while on an active lot.

If anyone wants to PM me their save for further investigation if there's more to this, feel free to do so.

Still curious what happening for @RouenSims who said no active careers for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 117 of 177 (3,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No. They were not at work. To be honest I had given up, but remember when I had issues with the go to school mod awhile ago, this worked, so I tried it. It worked. When I went to the next lot to do the same,  it was already fixed. So changing the lot type, going to manage world, and back to the lot to change it back to residential worked for me.  I hope this work for you all, also.

Message 118 of 177 (2,488 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI added another bug report called strange behaviors if saved while active career lot in progress.  There seems to be people reporting stuff individually, but its all connected tot he same problem.  I was able to connect the UI problem the Pet clinic problem and not going to school work problem is all associated with this active lot in progress.  Even the asperations not showing there goals is related.  I just don't know how to link the other threat.

Message 119 of 177 (2,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've answered you.

It's best to continue to treat them all as separate even if they have the same root cause.

I think it's good for testing if they need to check of separate reports, making sure nothing is overlooked.

Also, people always search for reports by symptom and not by cause.

If you have any solutions/workarounds it's best to post them in each thread you think is related or add the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 120 of 177 (2,517 Views)