Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

by Abradley745

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness "What does not make sense is that Sims would have the same reaction to nicely decorated rooms and houses with no smog or trash at all." Actually there is a positive reaction as well. They use some type of 'inspired' idle. As posted later here - I made an override tuning that disables both positive and negative idles from environment reaction. Athena, I believe is correct and they over/under tuned these reactions in the patch.
Message 31 of 76 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone still having this problem because I sure am. My Sims don't show the bored mood but act bored & their mood is rarely anything but "fine". Even my cheerful, outgoing Sims are "fine".
It's affecting their relationships with friends and new acquaintances as well as job performance and everything else. It's gotten to the point that I'm not playing my main game, I made a branch off with the same characters because it's ruining things. It happens everywhere - homes, friend's houses, ROM, nightclubs, etc. It started immediately after the patch that was put out after the upgrade. I experience it with and without the updated MCC Command, which is the only mod I have. I've repaired my game thru Origin, to no avail.
I have the switch shut off in Options & I don't have the new Eco Lifestyle. 

Message 32 of 76 (1,029 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversation

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well. I was wondering what was going on since his mood is certainly not 'bored' in fact I cheated his mood intensities to be maximum for every positive mood - there is no bored 'buff' on him - I've checked. 

My character also seems to have some sort of idle where he doesn't know what to do with himself, titles back on his feet plays with his hands - acts like he's a bit paranoid or jumpy. Not sure why he's doing this as I didn't have this before this patch. Might be something in that clean green air, haha.

Message 33 of 76 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Guide
@gwenleah This entire thread is. However, if you're interested in fixing it with a mod... I have done so (search YourFalseHope on patreon - it's free, can't post links on this forum). It seems to be based on the over/under tuning of the environmental scoring. There are 2 idle in which can occur - a positive (shows as inspired idle animation) or negative (shows as bored idle). If you don't want to use a mod to fix it - you'll need to wait for EA to maybe look into fixing it...
Message 34 of 76 (1,022 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversation

★★★ Guide
@Ayanko I suggest reading the rest of the replies on this thread. May lead to some insight and maybe even a workaround until EA looks into it.
Message 35 of 76 (1,014 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Abradley745 I did install your mod. It didn't seem to help but will try again.
Message 36 of 76 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@gwenleah Try clearing your cache

How to clear your cache:

Step 1: Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the main directory in The Sims 4 document folder.

Step 2: Open up the Cache folder, and delete all of the files that end in .cache.

Step 3: Open up the Cachestr folder, and delete all the files inside.

Step 4: If you have a folder called onlinetumbnailcache, you can delete this entire folder.

Step 5: If you have any files called “LastException” or “LastUIException” or “LastCrash” you can delete them as well.

Message 37 of 76 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Abradley745 I reinstalled your mod and have been playing for the last 20 min or so and it's working now. Not sure why I didn't notice improvement the first time, I always clean my cache up with new/different mods.
Thank you! It's so wonderful to see playful, happy, focused and even sad Sims act like they're supposed to.

Message 38 of 76 (965 Views)

Re: Sims Randomly 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversation

★ Apprentice

This is so annoying !!! Everything is fine and they are acting suuuuper annoyed ! grunting and ranting !!! and they have happy or inspired or other positive moodlet indicators ! 

Message 39 of 76 (935 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Abradley745 This mod you made solved my problem with the groaning and sighing like a teen. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Standard smile
Message 40 of 76 (902 Views)