Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

by Abradley745

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

★★★★★ Guide
@gwenleah : Hmm. Thanks for the info.
Message 21 of 76 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Guide

Mine still idle bored without being in that mood ; usually happy, flirty, or focused.

Message 22 of 76 (2,649 Views)

★ Guide

@Abradley745  Yeah, my sim is not bored, either. It's a bored animation glitch and nothing else.

I forgot to mention this also happens when I have the envirnment thing turned on in options, with rooms that have no added environment (no docked envrionment either) and also plus to Happy environment. I think I forgot...drinking coffee now.

Message 23 of 76 (2,616 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree with @gwenleah  however, watching my sim pretend to be bored doing things he enjoys is really disheartening. Especially when it's his favorite activity or when he's spending time with his husbands or kids. It does make you kind of not want to play.

Message 24 of 76 (2,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

My Sim's roommate was also doing the "bored" animation and now she has moved out because "the living conditions were intolerable". I had this roommate for 60+ game-days (aging disabled) and she never complained prior the the June 3rd patch. Even after the patch her mood was "Happy" every time I checked and yet she still moved out. I can't say with 100% certainty that the "bored" idle animation and my roommate's sudden dissatisfaction with my house are definitely related, I'm just guessing on this. I'm told the bored animation might have something to do with some kind of a negative environmental score. Most of my rooms have ample decorations and over-all my house has about 60k Simoleons in upgrades. It's definitely not a starter home.

EDIT: In case it matters, I do not own the new Eco Lifestyle pack. No mods, no CC.

Message 25 of 76 (2,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm wondering if this has something to do with EA tuning down the environment moodlets. Maybe they tuned them down TOO far. Could also have something to do with how the new pack causes Sims to become more sensitive to their environment.

Message 26 of 76 (2,581 Views)

★★★ Guide

I decided to load my game with a debug mod I use for modding/troubleshooting... Yes, indeed these idle animations are a result of environment!!! @AthenaApollos I believe is absolutely correct!

Message 27 of 76 (2,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

To me it makes perfect sense that Sims would have negative reactions to areas with low environment scores, such as lots or neighborhoods full of smog, trash, etc. What does not make sense is that Sims would have the same reaction to nicely decorated rooms and houses with no smog or trash at all. My Sim is living in Willow Creek and I do not even own the new Eco Lifestyle pack so obviously there is no smog and I was keeping the house clean.

Maybe they got the new environmental scoring system wrong or it requires the new Eco Lifestyle pack for it to work right?

Message 28 of 76 (2,513 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was wondering that too, but instead of waiting to find out, I made an override to disable the Idles. lol I know we can't link stuff here but it's free on my Patreon (Search YourFalseHope) if you'd like a fix until either ea does something about it or if adding the pack fixes it. I couldn't play watching my sims be bored for no reason.

Message 29 of 76 (2,509 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Abradley745 Thanks! I am staying mod-free for a short while longer to get more bug testing done, but I will take a look at that for future use. While it would be a relief to not have that annoying idle animation I'm afraid I will just keep losing roommates until the scoring system is fixed. 

Message 30 of 76 (2,486 Views)