Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

by gwenleah

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

If it's caused by the new Environment Score feature introduced by the Eco Lifestyle Pre-Patch, does turning if off in Options fix it? (I'm currently on patch hiatus, so I don't know where that is, exactly.)

Message 11 of 76 (1,714 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CherryBerryCloud I haven't put MCC back in yet - although I notice deadpooler has an update. I'll try loading it up.
How do you disable emotion idles in it Can't say I've seen that option (but there's a TON of stuff with it that I haven't tried yet).
Message 12 of 76 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CherryBerryCloud :

BUILD MODE ITEMS GRANT GAMEPLAY EFFECTS

How you build your lot can now affect your gameplay. Certain objects such as wall patterns, floor patterns, fences, and columns bring different gameplay modifiers. Some of these modifiers affect how your Bills and utilities are calculated by decreasing or increasing your Power or Water utility production or usage, as well increasing or decreasing the price of bills. Environment Score can now be impacted by certain objects and materials. Drywall walls without wall patterns applied now decrease environment score like they did in The Sims 3! The choice of floor and wall materials used can also affect the ability to spread fire or puddles at an increased or lessened rate. And if you’d rather build your lot without having to think about these things, don’t worry. There’s an Option in the Gameplay menu to turn all of this off.

From the patch notes.

Message 13 of 76 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Guide
@StarryMight I tried turning it off and my sim used the bored idle about 10 minutes later. So no, turning it off doesn't stop it.
Message 14 of 76 (1,690 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight I think that may have solved the issue. Never did I think that would be the problem! Thank you!
Message 15 of 76 (1,684 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Abradley745 : Hmm...

@gwenleah : Glad to hear that! Hopefully it'll stick!

Message 16 of 76 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@gwenleah Hi Standard smile What I did was open mc_tuner.cfg in a Notepad program (I use Notepad ++) and added the following line below:

25717,Emotion_Idle

Then save and close. Log in to the game and sims should stop doing all those annoying idles, including those when they're happy/confident/etc.
Message 17 of 76 (1,676 Views)

★ Guide

@StarryMight  It's not the new environment changes on my end, either. I have this bug too and I have the environment boost/ changes off in options. It happened immediately upon loading the game in a new save  and sim after the patch, which I also hotfixed.

My Active sim is in an energized mood but bored grumpy. Kinda weird for a pepped up sim,  maybe she needs more coffee. No, wait that's me... Standard smile

Message 18 of 76 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@sushicrow: LOL, okay, maybe something is glitched about it, then.

Message 19 of 76 (1,581 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight After I played more, the problem came back but it's less than it was. A lot less. I swear, previously, all of my beloved Sims were going to get murdered for being whiny little *ahem* snits. They've had a slight attitude adjustment now but it's far from normal.
And, before turning that off, Sims acted bored but showed as being happy, focused, etc. Now, they show as bored.
Playable but not necessarily as enjoyable as before. Hard to love someone who's bored while doing anything.
Message 20 of 76 (1,566 Views)