by Wafflebaby

Original Post

Sims eat invincible food on the card game table

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except jungle adventures and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i don't really know?
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims eat on the card game, but the plate isn't there..
What do you expect to see? I don't know
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my sims go eat, they want to play with the card game at the same time and they eat there, but they don't take the plate with them and they start eating invincible food.. 

Message 11 of 32 (1,523 Views)

Re: Sims eat invincible food on the card game table

Hero
Sounds related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sims-Interrupted-While-Eating/m-p/6774216#M62122 .. although other food.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (1,511 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @LadyAelswith

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 13 of 32 (1,386 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm experiencing this too exactly as RayneBowSimmer describes. My sims were eating leftover Fried Fish at the dining table, then they got up (leaving the plates of fish behind on the dining table) and headed towards the card game. They started playing cards and continued remotely eating the food while they were playing cards.

Save file created while the bug was happening

Message 14 of 32 (1,309 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this after the patch ?

@simvasion @Wafflebaby @LadyAelswith @CapitanTony

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 32 (1,245 Views)

Champion
I'll try to check later. I had my sims convert the card table into a Don't Wake the Llama so that they would eat properly at the dining table
Message 16 of 32 (1,241 Views)

Champion

Just tested it and the card game table seems to be still bugged.

It's attracting sims to play it too much. I had a sim dancing to the stereo and another one chatting to a friend on the tablet and "Play cards with" interactions kept appearing in their queues every couple of seconds and then dropping off by themselves.

When I had a sim eating at the dining table, it didn't drop off the queue, he'd get up from the dining table, walk over to play cards, while still multitasking eating, even though his plate of food was still on the dining table in the other room.

cardtable.jpg

Message 17 of 32 (1,224 Views)

Hero
Thanks for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 32 (1,209 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too! Mine does it with a lot of different foods, not just clam chowder. I threw a party once and my sims would t even eat dinner because they were all trying to get to the card table. This mixed with the pet petting queue popping up all the time, it’s making my game almost impossible to play.

Message 19 of 32 (1,185 Views)

★ Guide

I am still seeing it. But it only ever happened in one apartment.I guess the gaming table was too far away from the kitchen at other places.

Message 20 of 32 (1,180 Views)