Re: Unranked birthday party gave bronze reward

by KnightGoblin8

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Negative. I let an Incognito Costume Party timer ran to its end at speed 3 and the Bronze reward still appeared.
Message 21 of 47 (553 Views)

★★★★ Guide

All party types regardless where i throw them give me bronze awards without being a goaled event. It has been happening for a while for me (at least 1 month)...

Message 22 of 47 (520 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Please refer to this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/07/social-events-dont-have-any-goals-anymore/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 47 (497 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 Did you ever test a fresh save (loosing track a bit) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 47 (496 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I did not. Maybe I should do that as well. It didn't cross my mind that the issue could maybe be caused by a save being carried over different patches (as it was started in previous version).
Message 25 of 47 (483 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 Would be interesting to see if it's related to the save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 47 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI did some more testing. Started a new save with randomized Sim and cheated introductions to all so I could arrange a party sooner. Held House Party, noticed that unlike in my problem save, goals/ranks for social events were On by default whereas in the other save they are Off by default. Turned goals off, let a House Party run to its end (in the new household in new save) and didn't get bronze reward or any other reward for that matter.

After getting the desired result in my new save, I went back to the problem save, and still got bronze reward even after ending Winter Festival prematurely and launching a new social event after that which I let run to its end. So as unfortunate as it seems apparently in my older save the social event system is somehow glitched or flawed now. :/ But at least we were able to eliminate some potential causes.

Message 27 of 47 (471 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 The default settings seem to set themselves to whatever you did last (see the thread I've linked above for someone else)

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 47 (464 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok I will! I'll also check the link.
Message 29 of 47 (460 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 I did some testing and it seems it's actually only that one Sim that has the issue. Did you ever test her in a fresh save ? Maybe it's one of her traits giving her bronze medal for every party by default.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 47 (453 Views)