Re: Door locks

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Door locks

★★★★ Apprentice

Anyone having trouble with the new door locks in Sims 4?  I find that when I lock the doors and only allow specific Sims to enter, other Sims can still enter but cannot get out.

Message 31 of 71 (12,110 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There is an open bug report on this. Feel free to click Me Too here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Entering-Locked-Doors/m-p/6501451#M55239

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 32 of 71 (12,101 Views)

Hero

Hi @Mysteek220065

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 71 (12,097 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock the door for a specific sim, and then click an area in the locked room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims enter through doors that they're locked out of. They act as if they're not locked.
What do you expect to see? Sims not to enter locked doors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I've removed them. Tested with and without mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got the most recent update  07/31/2018

I have a sim family of four (including a cat). The issue is that I'd like for the toddlers to not each others' rooms but sadly, it happens all the time. I've even relocked the door for specific sim countlessly to see if it would solve it, repair the game but nothing sees to work. I even clicked on the floor for one of my toddlers to waddle in her sister's room. (I was testing this) and it actually worked. She could sit in her sister's bed no problem and she acts as if the door is unlocked for her.

Message 34 of 71 (12,040 Views)

Re: Sims Entering Locked Doors

★★★ Newbie

Hello. SimGurulcarus, apologies if I am doing this wrong but this is my first time posting on any forum. I am having the same issues as far as locking the house doors for "everyone but household" and having strangers walk into the house. Also a welcome event pops up and another sims appears out of nowhere inside the house. I ask both parties to leave but they do not. I have included a link to the save file. 

Thank you!

aeorta76

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vB7NUzo5VQkprVfzckd53uCoE9ZhSnVx

Message 35 of 71 (12,015 Views)

Re: Locks on doors don't work properly since update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have a problem when I exit the lot or save the game.  I set my locks and then anyone can come inside (without me leaving the lot).  These are usually guests.  Then, they cannot escape the room until I have unlocked that door for everyone.  This means that I have to reset my lock for this door following the guest leaving.

Message 36 of 71 (12,002 Views)

Re: Locks on doors don't work properly since update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Game Version: 1.46.18.1020

All expansions/game packs/stuff packs installed 

Never used Third Party CC 

This problem occurs 100% of the time. 

I have a build with 5 different floors. The household contains 8 sims. Each floor is set up like an apartment with the doors locked to  allow only certain sims in an apartment. I've used the "Simple Single Panel Door' for all doors. I have all doors locked to several different combinations of sims. One sim does have access to all doors. 

The problem: The doors stay locked for a while and then suddenly I have sims having access to some doors they are not assigned to and some sims having access to all doors they are not assigned to in the build. 

Once the unassigned sim(s) gains access to the apartment (floor) the sim(s) can not get back out the same door it used to enter the area. 

At first I thought going in and out of build mode was resetting the doors but it occurs anytime during playing the save. 

Message 37 of 71 (11,944 Views)

Sims Ignoring Locked Doors

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs and several stuff packs (Laundry day,Vintage Glamour, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio, and Free Stuff)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the door locked for everyone but a specific sim. Have items in the locked room that unauthorized Sims want to interact with (like a nice computer) and leave the game running with autonomy on full.
What happens when the bug occurs? I keep finding sims who should be locked out of specific rooms in said rooms. Sometimes they will path themselves out, sometimes they then get stuck in that room because the door is locked. If I tell an unauthorized sim to walk into the room I haven't had them go in. It seems only to be when they decide to enter by themselves.
What do you expect to see? That only the authorized sim entering and leaving that room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only mods I have are the Show Sim Info and the Reduced Townies mods.

Message 38 of 71 (11,933 Views)

Re: Sims Ignoring Locked Doors

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household, lock the front door, then wait for the neighbors to show up again and just walk right in.
What happens when the bug occurs? I set front door locks to lock everyone out but household members at 1 Torendi, but the neighbors keep walking in, especially if I travel with the household.  Like the wife just got back from hospital with a new baby and Akira Kibo was playing on the video game system when they got back home.  Even with the doors locked, they're still just walking into the apartment and when they get in there, they won't ever leave!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.  Andrew's Pose Player, Lumia Sims male body hair, 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Has been happening since the August 18 update. 

I swear, I should get some sort of discount with all the bugs that keep happening after your updates.  I'm kind of over it all.  Just want the game to work correctly.  That isn't too much to ask of a multibillion dollar international corporation, I should think.  Plus, people won't leave when they show up.  I've had three Townies die because they never left the lot and I'm tired of having to keep traveling to get them to leave.  

Message 39 of 71 (11,905 Views)

Re: Sims Ignoring Locked Doors

★★★ Guide

Even my vampires are affected by this problem. When a room is locked to a specific vampire sim, the proximity to teleport as bat/mist into the room is very small. You have to be almost right outside the room to teleport inside. But teleporting is by itself bugged even without this bug because my vampires cant teleport from outside the lot into the house.

Either way teleports arent supposed to care about distance or locks.

Message 40 of 71 (11,540 Views)