Re: [OPEN] Sims Entering Locked Doors

by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

★★★ Novice
I am also having this problem! It seems to have only started in the past few days, and seems to only be happening to one door on the lot.

I have a household, containing two separate "families", each with their own dwelling on a single lot. One of the front doors (the one set as the lots front door) is working fine, no one can pass through while it is locked for them. The other door, will let me lock it for a few seconds, then it's as though the game forgets and then every one has access.This is happening for sims, and pets. It's a small issue, but it's kinda killing my immersion and is very frustrating.

I did have mods, but have removed my mods folder and am still getting the issue. I also have all content installed apart from that damned hamster pack, because no.
Message 21 of 71 (1,522 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lady_Zahli

Would you be willing to send the save file where this issue is occurring? ?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 22 of 71 (1,513 Views)

★★★ Novice
I certainly can. Do you want just the whole saves folder?
Message 23 of 71 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Novice
So, I am currently uploading my entire saves file to googledrive.
I have done some fiddling in my game, to see if I can get the issue to reliably happen and it seems I can. I've tested on multiple saves, different lots, and different households. Mods folder in, and out.
It seems to be happening when I try to "lock door for all pets/ all dogs/ all cats" I can lock the door, sims can't go through; then lock the door for any pets and it resets the lock for everyone in the household.
This upload is telling me it's going to take 2+ hours, but I will share it as soon as I can. Hopefully you guys can replicate the issue and hopefully fix it Standard smile
Message 24 of 71 (1,493 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hey @Lady_Zahli

Any luck uploading your save?

You can send us only the file where the issue occurs if that's easier for you.

Thank you for your time and effort! We really appreciate it.

Message 25 of 71 (1,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi! Hello! @SimGuruIcarus

Sorry it has taken me a little while to reply, I originally sent the link to my saves folder through the private message system and forgot about it; but obviously it wasn't received!

Here it is again!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQzqCRRbddAZgDyj486hB45l_8PQyPSa

Hopefully this helps, thanks again Standard smile

Message 26 of 71 (1,377 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Until lately, a member of a household who was locked in a room couldn't leave that room if I travelled with other household members to another lot and then came back, the locked member would still remain locked. But now, If I lock a household member in a room, and then I travel to some other lot, the locked member appears on the street, or on that other lot, and is not locked anymore.

Message 27 of 71 (1,318 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lady_Zahli

Thank you for your saves!

Could you tell us which save has the issue you described? or can you re-upload only that save file?

Thanks again, and happy simming! 

Message 28 of 71 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimGuruIcarus
The original file I was having the issue on is called "boblucy legacy" but I can get the issue to happen on any of my saves in the folder.
I would upload the single save but I don't understand the saves folder naming conventions haha.
Message 29 of 71 (1,300 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also made a household like this, with a basement apartment for one family. I HATE this bug!!!!! My sim can go downstairs and into his house but not leave! plus the cat goes downstairs a lot. 

I experience this but 100% of the time.... 

I have all expansion packs

no mods

and it did appear after I made my new game with sims seasons

Message 30 of 71 (1,250 Views)