Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Locking doors not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Night, Spooky, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock door for certain household members and/or pets. Wait a minute and have that sim go through the door.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims enter through doors that they're locked out of. Door unlocks for everyone on its own.
What do you expect to see? Sims not to enter locked doors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got the most recent update [12-12-2017] and downloaded Cats and Dogs, Parenthood and Toddler Stuff.

I haven't played the game in probably two weeks and just today it updated and i downloaded three packs (Cats & Dogs Expansion, Parenthood Game Pack and Toddler Stuff Pack). I have a household where I designed a duplex. The top floor is for one "family" and the second floor is for another (it's all one household). They each also have their own individual pets. When I played this household before today, I would lock the doors so only the members of each "family" could enter their part of the house. Now, playing today when I lock the doors, they only stay locked for a moment and the sims are going through all the doors instead of their respected spaces. It's happening with pets as well. One household has a cat and the other has a dog, so I selected "Lock Door For All Cats" in one household and "Lock Door For All Dogs" in the other but the pets are roaming the entire house. I keep attempting to relock the doors but they don't stay locked.

Message 1 of 71 (14,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Locking doors not working properly

Hero

Inward facing doors set to “Lock Door For All” will now actually lock.

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

If anyone still has issues, please create a new thread as the fix was specific for inward facing doors.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 71 of 71 (10,488 Views)

All Replies

Svar: [TO TEST] Sims Entering Locked Doors

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ItzJustMeee

Do you have to leave the lot for the doors to be unlocked or does it just happen?
There's an issue about doors unlocking when leaving the house in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Lock-Doors-Not-Working/td-p/6408564

There's a fix for that in Patch 1.37.35

Or is your issue that they unlock right away? I have not been able to duplicate that, have you tried repairing your game with your mods removed?

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 71 (14,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CMeki

Since the other is marked as fixed and had multiple issues, it's fine to make a new one. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 71 (14,204 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Haha ok great Standard smile

Message 4 of 71 (14,199 Views)

★★ Novice
No the Sims never left the lot . They'd just go somewhere else in the house then come back
Message 5 of 71 (14,165 Views)

Hero

I can duplicate this issue. I'll add it on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 71 (14,149 Views)

Sims Entering Locked Doors

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 71 (14,105 Views)

Re: Sims Entering Locked Doors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

My pets are going out of the house through a locked door (only one door in the house does this happen to).  But I want these pets confined to the home unless I take them out for a walk.  I saw that the last patch was supposed to have fixed this issue, but it has not.  This is the door that allows passage, pictured from both sides.  Please advise!

Message 8 of 71 (14,078 Views)

★★★ Guide

I used the bb.moveobjects to put a blind over the windows on the back door.  When I removed that cc item...the door locks as I order it to lock.  

Message 9 of 71 (13,989 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also having this issue though it's only the pets and non household members that are walking through locked doors. Sims are also coming into my house uninvited because of this. I agree locking door for pets seems to have no effect.

Message 10 of 71 (13,943 Views)