Re: [OPEN] Sims Complaining About Comfy Furniture Being Uncomfy

by TomasGrizly

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

same thing has been happening to me ever since I moved my Sim into their first celebrity mansion.

the nicest furniture with 10 comfort rating causes the Uncomfortable negative moodlet.

search google, find this topic... another crappy oversight bug that goes unfixed.
add it to the list. god this game sucks lol.

Message 31 of 52 (2,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I found 15 different sit interactions (including generic one) all of which contain the following section

<V t="statistic_change">
<U n="statistic_change">
<T n="advertise">False</T>
<T n="amount">1</T>
<T n="stat">24998<!--Commodity: commodity_Buff_Object_SeatingDiscomfort--></T>
</U>
</V>

and no tests involved. Commodity inself ranges from 0 to 60, triggers moodlet at 55 and decays at a rate of 1 per minute.

Did I miss something?

Message 32 of 52 (2,484 Views)

Have to add my two cents, since this is now happening in my game. It has often occurred with the desk chair that comes with the More Views video station, and so far it also has occurred with the Captain Rodrigo de Pablo couch - which it never has before. If it occurs with anything else, I'll be sure to update!

Message 33 of 52 (2,350 Views)

★★ Pro

My sim was complaining the chair was uncomfortable on a chair with a comfort level of 10. That makes no sense to me. Chairs don't get any more comfortable! I admit, it was a dining room chair, but still, it says comfort level 10. That should count for something.

Message 34 of 52 (2,312 Views)

The Model L337 desk chair that came with GL, I believe, is also giving the uncomfortable moodlet. I'll continue to post any new ones I find.

Message 35 of 52 (2,288 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see this on a 50/50 basis when my sim uses the bubble blower mostly. but I have seen it while sitting at computers too. And the seats are always good quality.

Message 36 of 52 (2,281 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still a problem in 2020. Good lord, they should really focus on bug fixes before making 1,000 new expansions.

Message 37 of 52 (2,139 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sims are asking for too much or either it's a really bad glitch with the expensive furniture, beds, etc. It always pops up with an uncomfortable moodlet. 

Message 38 of 52 (2,063 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Iyasenu I came here after googling the problem, I also thought it was odd the 1337 gaming chair was giving me uncomfortable moodlet (from low quality furniture) Ow. This feels like sitting on rocks. when it says its a comfort 4 chair that I spent a good chunk of money on thinking it was the most expensive and comfortable desk chair I could find... >.>
Message 39 of 52 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem with Realm of Magic furniture (armchairs, sofas, beds) - most of the time, the uncomfortable buff appears when a sim is knitting.

Message 40 of 52 (1,969 Views)