Re: [OPEN] Sims Complaining About Comfy Furniture Being Uncomfy

by bookmaster325

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
I encountered this in my first new save after downloading Seasons with the new Seasons beds. I'm uploading what I think is that save from my July backup files. The family is the Unlikely Roomies in Newcrest (surname: Christensen).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lYWuquN6vDdlcvmXqFRpXWGGskanBgBW
note: started with a vanilla save; did eventually add back MCC mod--don't recall if it in the save at this save point, but saw the uncomfortable moodlet upon waking whether or not the mod is there. It's not a game-breaking glitch for me or anything, just an annoyance for my sims. :D
HTH!
Message 21 of 52 (3,754 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the same exact problem I have. 

Cozy Cubbyhole from Seasons should have energy 6, stress relief 4, and discomfort relief 4. It costs 2125. I get the uncomfortable moodlet with sore back from cheap bed. 

First off... it is NOT cheap. Second, it should be relieving discomfort, not creating it.

I have NO mods or CC in the game. I have all expansions, most of the game packs, and some of the stuff packs.

Message 22 of 52 (3,711 Views)

★★ Guide
I have the same bed with the same problem. Bleh... 😣
Message 23 of 52 (3,659 Views)

★★ Pro

The Cozy Cubbyhole bed from Seasons is the bed I consistently get the sore back moodlet from in my game. I haven't seen it happen again on any other beds, so I'm going to assume when I did before it was just a glitch. But this bed from Seasons it happens frequently in different households across my save.

Message 24 of 52 (3,616 Views)

Uncomfy moodlet from comfortable furniture

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims are getting an uncomfortable (Uncomfy) moodlet from sitting in perfectly comfortable seats. Has happened in a computer chair, dining chair and a loveseat so far. Sit in any of those.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get the +1 "Uncomfy" moodlet while sitting on comfortable seats. So far, the problem has occurred on the following seats: Joliette Desk Chair, Model L337 No-Ladder 9001 GOAT Cathedra, Tuft Two Seater, Strappy Metal and Lisa's Resplendent Receptacle.
What do you expect to see? "Uncomfy" moodlet only occurring for uncomfortable furniture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue has only begun since installing Get Famous.

NB: This problem began yesterday, after I installed the expac and before I installed MC Command Center, which is the only mod I am currently using.

Before equipping it yesterday, I had never used mods with my install. Mods are not relevant to this problem, as far as I'm aware.

Message 25 of 52 (3,561 Views)

Re: Uncomfy moodlet from comfortable furniture

Hero

Hi @missdeefying

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 52 (3,546 Views)

Re: Uncomfy moodlet from comfortable furniture

★ Guide
I had this problem after installing Get Famous. Only one sim in the household would complain, every morning. No mods or cc. Using the Cozy Cubbyhole from Seasons. When I switched beds, no more complaints.
Message 27 of 52 (3,526 Views)

★ Pro

You probably can't reproduce it, because it's not consistent. I play rotationally. One rotation the Seasons' beds are fine, next time around they're "uncomfortable." But I think this has beed a random bug with mid-level beds and seating for a long time. Just more consistently random with the Seasons's beds than it has been.

@SimGuruIcarus wrote:

Hello everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this at our end. Could you please share the save file where you are encountering this issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

If you give us the name of the object that's giving you problems, It will also help a lot!

Thank you very much!

Message 28 of 52 (3,477 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

I also ran into this issue with one of the new Get Famous chairs, the Desk Chair called "Model L337 No-Ladder 9001 GOAT Cathedra", at least when using this with the "The More Views Video Station".

Here's the save I was experiencing this with: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DT_63Q3IzquMmjAXXiJzdlS40dOPR_l

I play rotationally, so the household this was happening in is the Kay household in Del Sol Valley.

While editing, adding effects, and adding transitions to videos, the Sim would eventually get the +1 Uncomfortable moodlet "Uncomfy", even though this chair has a Comfort rating of 4.

It doesn't seem like this should happen, but then again since Comfort isn't a need like it was in old games, I'm not quite sure of the in-depth mechanics of Comfort in the Sims 4.

I've also run into this issue in this save with other chairs that are supposed to be comfortable, such as the "Angeled High Back Plush Booth" from Dine Out.  In my save, this was at a restaurant in Oasis Springs called Donna's Diner.  This also has a comfort rating of 4, so it seems like it shouldn't give the Uncomfy moodlet.

It's hard to pinpoint why this happens, as it's definitely not 100% of the time.

I've had these types of chairs, and others with different comfort ratings, all give Comfy moodlets one day, and another day they'll give Uncomfy, even though Sims found them comfy in the past.  But they shouldn't be "Uncomfy" at all, if they actually have a Comfort rating, should they?

Message 29 of 52 (3,468 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Adding my "Me Too"; I experienced this when I used a career reward chair. I replaced the Intelligence Desk Chair (comfort 1) with The Swiveler (comfort 7, also confident decor 2). Never got any negative moodlets with the Intelligence Desk Chair, but the first time my sim sat in The Swiveler and did some hacking on the computer, he got an uncomfortable furniture moodlet.

I don't have a useful save for testing this, as I didn't isolate it at the time. If I experience it again, I will update.

Message 30 of 52 (3,400 Views)