Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Sims Can't Have Both Forehead Wrinkles and Crow's Feet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and Digital Deluxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and try to add both the forehead wrinkles and the crow's feet.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you add forehead wrinkles and try to add crow's feet the forehead wrinkles disappears, and vice versa.
What do you expect to see? To be able to both add forehead wrinkles and crow's feet to a sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I mean, kind of, the crow's feet were added in that patch.

These are the forehead wrinkles and crow's feet I'm talking about:

Wrinkles.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims Can't Have Both Forehead Wrinkles and Crow's Feet

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is by design, due to how skin details work in game.  There is a separate selection in skin details if you want forehead wrinkles and crow's feet on the Sim's face at the same time.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,178 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Can't Have Both Forehead Wrinkles and Crow's Feet

★★★★ Guide

I wish this too, but I fear it was made on purpose...

Message 2 of 8 (2,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Francoisf30  Both the forehead wrinkles and the crow’s feet can be paired with any other skin details, except for with each other, and they are in quite different places of the face, so they wouldn’t visually be in the way of each other, that’s why I think this is not by design but rather a bug (or actually an oversight).

Message 3 of 8 (2,617 Views)

★ Pro

The inability to use forehead wrinkles and the anniversary crow's feet on a sim remains an issue in my vanilla game patched to 1.73.57.1030

Message 4 of 8 (2,408 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SqueamishNerd I was making some Sims the other days and also noticed this weird problem...though I think there might be a combo skin detail? I remember clicking on one tab and it had forehead wrinkles and crows feet and disconnected the separate ones, but they're textured differently, and I don't like them as much.
Message 5 of 8 (1,548 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I noticed that new Mortimer Goth has both forehead wrinkles and crow's feet. The forehead wrinkles are the usual ones in the skin details category, while the crow's feet are hidden (can be removed by clicking the x, can't be reapplied because they're hidden) in the eye scars category.

Message 6 of 8 (1,461 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is by design, due to how skin details work in game.  There is a separate selection in skin details if you want forehead wrinkles and crow's feet on the Sim's face at the same time.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SimQARobo  The combined one was added in patch right after the Goths SDX, I think. Anyway, neat that it was added! Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,044 Views)