[OPEN] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

by itsmeemmap

Original Post

Re: Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub???

★★★ Pro
@crinrict My Sims go into the tub nude.

To trigger the bug, you have to have autonomy on. When a Sim goes to the bathroom sink to get water, they will hop in the tub. So far, it is happening when the Sim only goes to get water from the bathroom sink.
Message 11 of 39 (1,819 Views)

Sims drink coffee inside bathtub

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When sims drink coffee
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims drink their coffee inside the bathtub
What do you expect to see? Why would they even drink coffee inside the bathtub?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 12 of 39 (1,816 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

★★★★ Novice

Most of the time my sim will make a drink and then go drink it in the bathtub. I feel like people would do that in real life right? haha. Hot tub for sure.......

Message 13 of 39 (1,777 Views)

Champion

I’d not seen this before last night, but it was like suddenly one of my sims decided that every time she got a drink  - water from the sink, Orange juice from the fridge, and once a zebra fiz from the bar - she would take it into the bathtub & have the bathtub animation, but with no hygiene gain, while she drank. The other two Sims in the household I don’t think did it at all, even though at least one did go get a drink autonomously a few times. Also the one in the tub’s bladder only went down a little while the one who just drank normally could go from full green to red in a minute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 14 of 39 (1,687 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PipMenace I am also having this exact same issue. For no apparent reason they just get into the tub to drink.
Message 15 of 39 (1,662 Views)

★★ Novice

This still happening in late 2020. Amazing. My sims continously going for a glass of water all the time, doing and interrupting actions (because of the buggy eco life style.. still not fixed), its really starting to chear me down after coming back one year later. Had to install a mod to fix the problems with sims interrupting actions all the time, but the problem with drinking water all the time is still there. And its getting really annoying. To the point i dont even clean up manually the glasses anymore. And im about to gave up with this game (again lol, i left because of the bugs.... and its almost the same). 

Message 16 of 39 (1,639 Views)

★★ Novice
@ArcherAngelo This is happening to me too. So annoying.
Message 17 of 39 (1,596 Views)

★★ Pro

Yep, I have seen all three variations of this but obviously the tub is most common because most sims have at least a bathtub.

When playing in a small apartment it's interesting to see which seating option the sim will choose. Sometimes after queueing her to "Grab a drink" from the coffee machine she will go and drink it in the bathtub, sometimes she walks to the furthest seating available being a living chair in the bedroom, sometimes she chooses the living room sofa (that at least makes sense!). And I kid you not, sometimes (even though rarely) she will stay in the kitchen and sit at the dining table, on an actual dining chair!

It would be cool if we could actually Choose to drink a glass of  wine while taking a bath though! Not all of it is bad but what makes it annoying is the random element.

Message 18 of 39 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

If my sims go to the Fengs and drink coffee … the bathtub is priority nr. 1. At least they don't complain about my rude behaviour.

Message 19 of 39 (1,508 Views)

★ Apprentice

just started having this problem yesterday for the first time. they stop in the middle of what they're doing, go get a drink, and go get in the bathtub, then get out and go put the drink on the nearest surface without actually drinking the drink. they don't run the bath water, no hygiene goes up and down. it's like they're just using it as a seat for a second and then the debugging AI kicks in and is like "wait this isn't a seat" and redirects them to get out of it, except if you tell them to drink the drink they get right back in the tub. repeat 2 or 3 times and then the drink is "empty"

Message 20 of 39 (1,358 Views)