Re: Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub???

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together Realm of Magic, Vampires, Parenthood, Spa Day, Strangerville Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have free will/autonomy enabled. When Sims queue get drink (a bug that WAS NOT fixed in the 12/12/2019 update) they will automatically do the following.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with free will/autonomy enabled will get a drink from the fridge or a sink and then immediately go into a body of water - for example, the bathtub, hot tub, or pool.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not go into water while drinking. AND this bug shouldn't be possible if the 12/12/2019 update was to cease Sims rampant need to hydrate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after the most recent patch on 12/12/2019. ... the one that was suppose to prevent this from being possible.

Enjoy this lovely snapshot of my Sim enjoying some type of beverage in the hot tub. This also recently happened in the bathtub, but I didn't get a screenshot - and the hygiene wasn't even low so I don't know why that happened at all.

Message 1 of 39 (7,155 Views)

Hero
@itsmeemmap The new thread for excessive drinking can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Edition/m-p/84523...

Haven't personally see what you're describing. Is this their swim outfit at least or did they go in the tub in everyday wear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (7,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

They will change clothes. And I forgot to note, they still still do the water animations! This is what made me aware of this whole thing because it can make it look like my Sim is drinking the water they are swimming/bathing in.

I mean, you can make your Sims do this on purpose because who wouldn't want to drink in the bath... but it's a bit weird that this happens a solid 85-90% of the time my Sims autonomously grab water😅

Message 3 of 39 (7,079 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@itsmeemmap I've seen it as well, but not near as often. (just happened to my university student when I made him take a sleep replacement potion -- he took it up to the bathtub, undressed and got into the tub, drank and got out. Silly sim. XD
Message 4 of 39 (7,052 Views)

Hero

I've seen this a lot in my game and it's been going on for a long time.  Well before the last patch and DU and before the thirst thing.  I see it most happening with bathtubs though but have seen it happen with the hot tub.   Also with pools, but in that case they don't get in, just sit on the edge and dip their feet in.  It drives me nuts at times because on one lot, the sim will go up two floors to a bathtub after getting a drink off the bar on the basement rec room bypassing the 1st floor bathroom with a tub and numerous places to sit.  

Message 5 of 39 (7,017 Views)

Sims randomly climb into tub with not toggled to bathe

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. Have sims drink, eat, or read books.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have been having an issue where my sims will randomly climb into the tub when bath is not toggled up in their queue. Right now my child sim is drinking orange juice then walked into the bathroom and climbed into the tub. This is the first screenshot I've taken but other sims have been randomly climbing into the tub as well.
What do you expect to see? For sims to only go in the tub with toggled for an action to do so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If this happens again I'll pause and screenshot again for more examples.

Message 6 of 39 (7,038 Views)

Re: Sims randomly climb into tub with not toggled to bathe

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It seems to be a recurring issue with orange juice.

Message 7 of 39 (7,022 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

★★★ Guide

Idk if anyone is still seeing this, but I saw it a lot when my Sims lived in the penthouse in Foxbury. It was usually when they had a drink from the keg they would go into the bathtub to drink it. It was very strange.

Message 8 of 39 (6,807 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

★★ Guide

I've started seeing this since the 6/3/20 patch - my sims are getting water from the sink, then immediately getting into the tub to enjoy it. This is more likely to happen when they use the bathroom sink to get water. 

Message 9 of 39 (6,786 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

★★★ Pro

It is happening in my game.

06-11-20_7-31-58 AM.png

Message 10 of 39 (6,751 Views)