Re: [OPEN] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

by fashionbug123

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I have me too'ed before but didn't leave a comment, so yes,  this is ongoing problem for me also. On mac, patch 1.71.86.1220, no mods/cc.

Just as @Desirai explained on previous comment. It happens totally autonomously and when I order them to have a drink they go to the bath. Most annoying thing is the fact they don't even finish the drink.

It has been going or for ages.

Message 21 of 39 (1,078 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve just Me Too’d also after thinking that I’d already done so long ago, but apparently I hadn’t. I even have a screenshot of one of my sims enjoying his wine whilst nude inside of his shower/tub combo - I took it during summer of 2019, two years ago. At that time I think my sims would finish their drinks but not gain any hygiene in the process, but I could be remembering wrong. I’ve not seen it happen again for a long time since I play TS4 sporadically & at times like right now avoid live mode like the plague due to the egregious glitching & double-edged nature of updates… I play on console.

Message 22 of 39 (1,067 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Still seeing this on PS5.

The Sims™ 4_20210318131010.jpg

Message 23 of 39 (1,047 Views)

Sim drinks glass of water in the bathtub every time

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Getting water from sink
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will get a glass of water from the sink and instantly take a bath while drinking it. Whether it's from the bathroom or the kitchen. It's driving me crazy.
What do you expect to see? Sim should stand or sit down on a chair etc. and drink their water normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sim takes bath just to drink water from the sink.

Message 24 of 39 (1,062 Views)

Re: Sim drinks glass of water in the bathtub every time

★★ Pro
@dsnyprincess18 [OPEN] Sims Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub

Sounds like that one.
Message 25 of 39 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I thought I was the only one that had this bug too, I've had this one and them making new food and not eating leftovers (making new food) for weeks now, the drink in tub bug is quite new, I thought it had to do something with command center to do, but apparantely not since I dont have it installed.

What are the developers even doing at this point? :S

Message 26 of 39 (1,009 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do not have sims  Autonomously Drink in Tub / Pool / Hot Tub
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with free will/autonomy enabled will get a drink from the fridge or a sink and then immediately go into a body of water - for example, the bathtub, hot tub, or pool.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not go into Tub / Pool / Hot Tub while drinking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure
Please describe the patch or change you made. 

Message 27 of 39 (942 Views)

Child Sims Drink OJ in the Bathtub

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything - all of it
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a child sim, have them drink OJ from the fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child gets the OJ and walks to the nearest tub. They take a dip while drinking the juice. When the glass empties, they get out and put the glass up.
What do you expect to see? The child stands or sits on a nearby chair or at the table and drinks the juice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just wondering if this is a known bug -- I saw other bug reports back in 2014 or so (2017?) and seems that the children weren't drinking the juice. Anyways, the problem is similar. 

Message 28 of 39 (910 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@itsmeemmap Me too- it was often coffee, tea or a bar beverage. Has gotten better in recent months but still occasionally happens, I think this time with water, but not sure.
Message 29 of 39 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims drink without going in the tub/pool/hot tub 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with free will/autonomy enabled will get a drink from the fridge or a sink and then immediately go into a body of water - for example, the bathtub, hot tub, or pool.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not go into water while drinking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after the most recent patch 1.80.69.1230

Message 30 of 39 (811 Views)